Too cold and busy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I had not realised that the editor had sent the books to me for final proof reading. Found three errors in the Wendle stories. Just about to go through the Fairies one. It is raining hard so no gardening.
Have to say I had forgotten how amusing the Wendle stories are. Wish I could come up with some more.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations .. so nice to hear good news..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The book is now ready. Found a few minor errors and one big one. I had managed to change the name of a character half way through. Comes of writing the stories 30 years apart.
Amazon set the price, not us.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations again! 30 years of labour of love!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Not really, just never got round to adding some more to it until someone challenged me to write a particular story. Found I had done a sequel to the first story. Then felt the need to add a sequel to the second one.
Got a lot more stories to work on still, but one book at a time. Gets expensive buying copies for the family.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but they must be very proud of you! Take heart and rejoice ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The house sale has fallen through, the weather is lousy, my arthritis is bad and depression is an ever present threat. BUT, the next book is almost ready for publishing. Just a few more bits of proof reading to go.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! I feel so sorry for you. A lot of chains when you sell the house. I am sure you will find another buyer soon. Don't lose heart.

Good news afoot despite a setback. It seems to me that we are all suffering from arthritis. See if you can get turmeric capsules from your doctor and today there's an article saying that eating muesli is good for arthritis sufferers.

Can't guarantee if this is sponsored by muesli companies though!

Eating muesli for breakfast could help ward off arthritis, claim scientists
  • A fibre-rich diet can reduce symptoms of arthritis, a study on mice has found
  • In particular, researchers recommended eating muesli every morning
  • The German team also stressed getting enough fruit and vegetables is key
  • Fibre boosts a molecule produced by bacteria in the gut, they discovered
  • This is known to play an important role in the health of joints and bones

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...muesli-help-ward-arthritis.html#ixzz54N1hc2zD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry to hear about your house sale and health issues @Owdboggy. Try and stay positive, albeit it a very hard thing to do when it seems that one thing after another is going wrong .(y):)

Rest assured that the tide will turn for you , but in the meantime you hang on in there and keep threading the troubled waters. I wish you well :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm Going to grab the positive in that message first, Your book That is great news. As for the house Sorry to hear about that. House sales often take an age it is one of the most difficult Deals anyone has to do In my opinion. Your get there, your just going to have to dig in for a while longer at your old Home. Keep away from depression Owdboggy . Who ever gets your House and Garden is going to be Vary happy I'm sure. Its a vary beautiful place:) I wish you well(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know this woman who had a buyer for her house. The woman asked for this and that to be added to her house so that she could start her child care business. This woman promptly put the house on the market again and it was sold for more. Don't get depressed. Before you know, you may ask yourself what the fuss is all about!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Cold over here also. Just some inside stuff. today drier. considering bundling up and raking out a garden and pruning down some hydrangeas . Just finished with some housework. not yet lunch time. If the leaves are dry, will be good to go. just time myself, 2 hours max.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
So this is the latest book
Nbwe7p1.jpg

Available here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1983784435/
Very wet and cold here so sat in all day. Cannot even think of a story to write either.

Ask a Question