Cherry Tree Trouble... Is it too late? :-(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
Hello Friends,
I recently purchased a 4-in-1 and I had it planted in a pot, after it took a sad turn I was advised to place it in the ground so I did. I also increased watering to every other day. Now part of the tree leaves seem to be bouncing back to life, but is it too late for the branches that lost all/most of its leaves?
Toronto Zone 6
Well-draining soil
South facing (6-8 hours of sunlight per day)
PH measures between 6 - 6.5
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time.
Here are some photos:
2db02dda0b2aa015_tmp-0107

upload_2018-6-20_15-2-56.png

upload_2018-6-20_15-2-57.png

Also here is the previous post I published:
https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5341333/sad-looking-cherry-tree-help-please#22391865

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If it were my tree I would treat it with SuperThrive. It may come completely back on its on but SuperThrive is amazing stuff and will give it a much better chance. I think in time it will probably come back but you will know for sure this coming spring.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I would suggest that ALL your problems stem from being in the pot.
How did the roots look when you replanted it?
When you replanted it, did you plant the soil in the pot with it?
If you cleared the roots prior to re-planting, for fear of nasties in the potting medium, it is likely that you broke at least some of the little hair roots that do much to hydrate the tree.
To help recovery in any case, get some soluble mycorrhizae and water it into the roots.
A product like this: https://www.amazon.com/Root-Natural...529571490&sr=8-4&keywords=soluble+mycorrhizae
How much are you watering every day?
I think there's a good chance you'll be ok.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
I would suggest that ALL your problems stem from being in the pot.
How did the roots look when you replanted it?
When you replanted it, did you plant the soil in the pot with it?
If you cleared the roots prior to re-planting, for fear of nasties in the potting medium, it is likely that you broke at least some of the little hair roots that do much to hydrate the tree.
To help recovery in any case, get some soluble mycorrhizae and water it into the roots.
A product like this: https://www.amazon.com/Root-Natural...529571490&sr=8-4&keywords=soluble+mycorrhizae
How much are you watering every day?
I think there's a good chance you'll be ok.

Hey,

Thank is for the response. The root system looked quite healthy, I watered the roots with the mist feature on my hose gun to remove any potential contaminates. I put new potting soil in the hole with the tree. I am now watering the tree with about a gallon a day. I will look into mycorrhizae and get that started. Thank you very much. I will keep you updated.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
If it were my tree I would treat it with SuperThrive. It may come completely back on its on but SuperThrive is amazing stuff and will give it a much better chance. I think in time it will probably come back but you will know for sure this coming spring.

Thank You!!!!

Ask a Question