Cherry tree not growing branches

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have a srella cherry tree in its third year of being planted. It has many fruit spurs producing fruit but has never grown more branches. It doesn’t appear to have any growing tips. The fruit does ripen ,but the few leaves it has curl and die before their time. It does not have any obvious insect infestation. Any clues or hints as to how to get it to grow more branches.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I planted it in October 2014. It is in part of an orchard of mixed fruit trees. All planted 4m. Apart in what was a field. I cleared a metre square of grass , dug a planting hole twice the size of the pot and planted with a stake on the prevailing wind side. It was mulched with bark and has been kept weed free. A winter wash applied in winter. Grease band also applied in the autumn . I watch for aphid attacks and deal with as necessary. I feed in spring. All the other trees are thriving.

Ask a Question