Too cold and busy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, not done much posting or working on nice gardens, or indeed even on our own land. It is too cold and I have been busy. Our elder son has said that he will put my Stories into book form for me and print out enough copies for the grand children and a few spare. I have been going through them (the stories, not the grand children, silly) proof reading and getting them ready for publishing.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Too cold and wet to get on the veg plot at the moment here too.

Reaction score
During this time of the year there is not much to do over here too, despite the ''mild'' winters here. Can't wait for it to be spring!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
My problem is that the cold does my arthritis no good at all.
Finding the editing hard going too. I have read the stories so many time before that they are getting a bit 'old hat' and it is too easy to miss the typing errors as one tends to read what it ought to say rather than what it really does say.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not much going on in my world either! Snow and ice prevent these activities. Good luck working on your book!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It has been cold here also. No snow yet but it will be here, it never fails to show up dring the winter, one year it waited until the middle of March just when we knew spring was about to pop out, we had a huge snow storm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's interesting about your book, I hope it all goes well! I couldn't view your blog via that link (it wanted me to log in to view it) but this one works:

http://berghill.tumblr.com/

I'm in a bit of a rush today but I'll have a read later when I get a chance! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just read Chapter 1 of The Music Book - I like your writing style :) It has me wanting to read more already! Which age group are the stories aimed at?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
When I was teaching 7 to 11 year olds, I did a story for each class, as much as anything to show them how to construct a story. Once I retired I wrote them for a much bigger child...........me!

Reaction score
Country
United States
This part of the year is so rough for me because of how limited my ability is to garden. Unfortunately, it's too cold to grow things anywhere but inside, and even inside I can't really keep up at this time :[

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Very odd weather for us. One minute we are down to hard frosts, the next it is warmer than Spring. Now we have gale force wind and rain. This is the remnants of Jonas which gave the east coast of the U.S. so much snow. At least we were spared that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Very odd weather for us. One minute we are down to hard frosts, the next it is warmer than Spring. Now we have gale force wind and rain. This is the remnants of Jonas which gave the east coast of the U.S. so much snow. At least we were spared that.

Yup, same here, it has been really variable. I'm certainly glad there isn't any snow though - in fact, it has been quite mild.

Ask a Question