This is my favorite rose

Reaction score
My favorite all time rose is the koko loko rose (until I decide I like another one better). It is a floribunda and I don't even like floribundas! The blooms start out milk chocolate and then turn lavender. It had just started blooming when the neighbor ran over it with his truck and killed it. Definitely getting another here.
kokoloco.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm very sorry to hear that your rose was killed:( I'm sure it had been lovely! Koko Loko is a beautiful variety.
Personally, I can't pick one favorite. I adore every single rose in this world. I have a soft spot for white miniatures, but it doesn't mean that I don't want to grow other roses:love:

Reaction score
Oh, so sorry to hear your awful neighbor did that! I can only imagine how you felt! I hope he at least apologized! What a beautiful rose, I had no idea lavender colored roses really existed :eek: It's so beautiful, if I ever grew roses again I'd pick that one, I'm so bored of the red ones.

Reaction score
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that and although I can equate with how horrible it is when someone destroys one of your much loved plants - at least in your case you will be able to get another pretty quickly - especially as Koko Loko is now widely available just about everywhere and just at the right time of year for planting roses too :)

If your neighbor hasn't already offered - perhaps you should try asking to see if he would be prepared to pay for the replacement of your rose - particularly as he was the one who destroyed it.

Reaction score
gata I really wish this were the case, however he is a horrible neighbor and just doesn't care. This was also in Mobile and I don't live there anymore. He's run over things much more important than a flower - he hit and killed my stepdaughters 8 week old kitten. He also got mad at me and punched out a hole in my windshield. I'm glad he is no longer my neighbor.

Reaction score
What about this rose?

20140601_120301_zps9a8dce96.jpg

this beauty is known as hocus pocus/ Memphis music. I am so glad i was able to get my hands on t his unique rose. I love it so much with a passion!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Dallis Church, your rose is really beautiful! It reminds me of my two-colored miniature rose. Mine was more white than red though. I loved it very much, because it looked so unique. Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore and I'm not sure what variety it was:cry:

Reaction score
thank you very much, and i am very sorry to hear about your rose. The variety may have been an abracadabra rose. It is just like mine but bigger flowers and occasional white striping.

Reaction score
Country
United States
gata I really wish this were the case, however he is a horrible neighbor and just doesn't care. This was also in Mobile and I don't live there anymore. He's run over things much more important than a flower - he hit and killed my stepdaughters 8 week old kitten. He also got mad at me and punched out a hole in my windshield. I'm glad he is no longer my neighbor.
What an extraordinarily bad neighbor, to put it mildly. It's good the OP moved away, but he shouldn't be anybody's neighbor.

Koko Loko™ Rose (Roxa x 'WEKbijou') does have a most curious color shift. I'm not overly fond of such pastel roses, but this one is at least intriguingly odd.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
It was informative to learn about the Koko Loko Rose. I had not heard of this rose before.

Ask a Question