These seedlings alright?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Never grown herbs. Wife wants me to grow some. Put some in. Got a few popped up. Looking thin and in danger of getting leggy to falling over to me. What do you think?
And I've put all in the same containers. Thinking to prick them out and plant out into their own pots later.
But now think maybe that's the wrong way?
Some should be thickly sown exactly where they will always grow? Which?
And some can be pricked out and planted and will grow and expand to cover a larger area? Which?
You can see I've got oregano, sage, thyme and parsley there. The mint hasn't come up yet nor any of the others. I've still got seed left if I'm doing it wrong.
It's the sage has come on the strongest and is looking leggy to me. Bit of a worry. Maybe It should be pricked out now?
I can't give them more sun. When the sun is out it is burning everything to death. Killed a couple of loquats the other day I think, burned all the leaves of anyway. Don't know if they'll grow new.
But in the shade house here they don't look too brilliant to me.
They haven't been fed. The mix is 1:1:1:1 loam,potting mix,sharp sand,compost. Should be enough food in that to bring up a seedling?

IMG_20231120_073915.jpg
IMG_20231120_073947.jpg
IMG_20231120_073856.jpg
IMG_20231120_073902.jpg

Ask a Question