Blue Palo Verde seedlings

Reaction score
Country
United States
Went to visit in-laws in Oro Valley Arizona and fell in love with the
Blue Palo Verde trees. Once we got home I bought some seeds on Esty from a grower.
I sprouted them as recommended using paper towel. Once sprouted I transferred them to good quality fast draining soil and put them under a grow light for a few weeks. I know they are slow growing but these seedling seem to have stalled and are not growing anymore. They have been this size now for two weeks. They are to fragile to plant in ground so not sure what to do now. I can put them outside in the warm shade but they will dry out real quick with the heat here in the planting cups I have them in now. My confusion is at this stage how much water do they need and for how long. Live in coastal community in Galveston, TX. Not same climate as Arizona but I have seen a few here in the ground. Any suggestions? Pictures of current state included.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If the cups have holes in the bottom, just water them frequently enough that they don’t dry out too much. With your humidity it shouldn’t be a big problem.

Ask a Question