Marshmallow plant didn't make it, need help

flowerandbulb

flower and bulb
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Folks,

I purchased two marshmallow plants online and after planting them in the garden they seemed to last that initial season but then never came back. Any idea why?

Thanks

Jess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Try asking the seller. Some of the Mallows are perennial, but others are biennial or even annual.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, the Marsh Mallow, is a plant we call Hibiscus syriacus, and that is a shrub. It is a very strong growing plant that flowers here in mid summer. It is also a plant which seeds freely, and can become a nuisance for that reason.
Sometimes nurseries/garden centres can get their labels mixed up, and when it comes to small new plants it can be easy to mistake one mallow plant for another.
I wondered if yours may be one like that if it has seemingly disappeared.
If you bought your plants online, and cannot guarantee that you were sold the correct plant, and maybe have been sent a different variety if may account for the fact that it isn't actually there any more.
There isn't any kind of miracle that will help this/these to reappear, we don't have any magic wands, they are just for fairy tales.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you know someone nearby who grows the plant, ask them for a cutting or two. Good gardeners are usually quite helpful. They call me Tetters, not Kent!!

Ask a Question