Squash vine borers.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My squash have had a habit of growing very nice and big, then, when they start producing, they die from the bottom up one leaf at a time. Believe it to be vine borders, and it happens every time I plant winter squash. Solutions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I poison them. They come out with heat. 80f and its a fight. Timing the crop helps. Bifenthrin is one of the longest lasting in the soil unless you have the energy to go out there every day or after every rain. Stay off the flowers, keep to the roots and clean the debris so they cannot hide.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My squash have had a habit of growing very nice and big, then, when they start producing, they die from the bottom up one leaf at a time. Believe it to be vine borders, and it happens every time I plant winter squash. Solutions?
If you type "Squash Vine Borer and BT" into the search bar, you will find a thread where I requested help and got some good info. Good luck!

Ask a Question