Rainbow Colored Vegetables

Reaction score
I haven't seen rainbow colored vegetables here. I wonder if they have them. Then again I live in a small town and we are not exactly up to date on lots of things.

Reaction score
I have always heard that eating vegetables of varying colors means a lot of different nutrients. Now I am not sure if this is truly just pigmentation or if it does suggest other nutrients or minerals. In any event, they are so eye catching I would love to "plate" them with an entree for those who are not that keen on vegetables. Great pictures, thanks!

Reaction score
I haven't seen rainbow colored vegetables here. I wonder if they have them. Then again I live in a small town and we are not exactly up to date on lots of things.

Sounds like you live somewhere very similar to me, not what you'd call cosmopolitan :D they don't sell the actual vegetables here either. which is a shame, as I think many people would buy them.

Think I've mentioned this before, but the actual vegetables themselves, are apparently, much more widely available in The States, and its only very recently, that some of the large European supermarket chains have started stocking them, so there is hope for the smaller corners of the earth yet. :)

You could however, do as I'm going to and grow them yourself, especially as the seeds are widely available everywhere, so you shouldn't have any problem getting hold of them.

Reaction score
Thanks that's good to know. I think it would be better and cheaper for me to grow these vegetables myself. I would have a lot if variety and not have to wait for my supermarket to get them because I am sure it will take a long time before these vegetables get here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
If you like carrots, you'll be pleased to know, that there are also Rainbow Colored Carrots

View attachment 1240

for the carrot lovers :D

View attachment 1241

Think these would look really good, grated raw in salads as well as cooked, don't you? :)
I wonder what my dog would do if I gave him a weird carrot like this, haha!:p I'm sure that he would be confused, but he would probably eat it, since carrots are his favorite vegetables.
Personally, I think that the rainbow carrots look delicious, I would eat them raw:)

Reaction score
Claudine

Lol - Never thought about that aspect, but now that you mention it, didn't even occur to me that dogs liked carrots :D I know horses and donkeys do, who I think, may also be a bit startled at being offered a rainbow colored carrot.

Me too, I totally love the look of those rainbow carrots and would love to eat them raw, in fact I love the look of these rainbow vegetables, and am seriously looking forward to the day, when I can have an enormous rainbow colored vegetable feast.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that it depends on a dog, haha, mine eats everything:p
Rainbow colored vegetable feast sounds so good! It would be wonderful to have it:D I believe that it's the best when what we eat is not only tasty, but also nicely looking:D

Reaction score
I think that it depends on a dog, haha, mine eats everything:p
Rainbow colored vegetable feast sounds so good! It would be wonderful to have it:D I believe that it's the best when what we eat is not only tasty, but also nicely looking:D

Haha, sounds like it - does he eat them whole or chopped up? :oops: my imagination is getting carried away again. as my mind is conjuring up a comical picture , of you both eating your healthy meals, together:D

Talking of rainbow colored vegetable feasts is making me incredibly hungry, and definitely agree with you that fresh and raw is the healthiest way to eat them, especially as there are so many more nutrients in raw fruit and vegetables, and being rainbow colored, means not only will they look absolutely delicious but - it may even tempt my husband to eat them:) which would be a good thing.

Reaction score
So would I. I love carrots whether they are raw or cooked. I would eat the rainbow carrots too even though I have never had any before. I just love vegetables.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, sounds like it - does he eat them whole or chopped up? :oops: my imagination is getting carried away again. as my mind is conjuring up a comical picture , of you both eating your healthy meals, together:D

Talking of rainbow colored vegetable feasts is making me incredibly hungry, and definitely agree with you that fresh and raw is the healthiest way to eat them, especially as there are so many more nutrients in raw fruit and vegetables, and being rainbow colored, means not only will they look absolutely delicious but - it may even tempt my husband to eat them:) which would be a good thing.
Usually, I give him big slices of a carrot, he loves chewing them. And yes, whenever I eat a carrot, he always makes me share it with you, so I definitely can say that we eat our healthy meals together, haha:D
The best thing about rainbow vegetables is that many people will want to eat them:)

Reaction score
Usually, I give him big slices of a carrot, he loves chewing them. And yes, whenever I eat a carrot, he always makes me share it with you, so I definitely can say that we eat our healthy meals together, haha:D
The best thing about rainbow vegetables is that many people will want to eat them:)
You got that right. I am one of those people who would love to eat them since I love eating vegetables.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love carrots, but I have yet to see any that are any color other than orange. I am a bit curious as to the history of them and what kinds of variation in flavor there might be with them, though. It's amazing how much variety there is with vegetables and yet so many people claim vegetables are boring!

Reaction score
I love carrots, but I have yet to see any that are any color other than orange. I am a bit curious as to the history of them and what kinds of variation in flavor there might be with them, though. It's amazing how much variety there is with vegetables and yet so many people claim vegetables are boring!

I'm sure they'll reach you before long, just keep looking out for them in the Stores or of course, you could join the rest of us and try growing them yourself , although I think if I remember rightly, you grow all your vegetables in pots, which may of course, be a problem :D As far as I know, there doesn't appear to be any real variation in taste, just color and would definitely agree with you - how could anyone ever say, eating vegetables is boring, with this array of colors to choose from :)

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I love eating vegetables and I have since I was a kid picking them in my parents back yard. Those are the best. I wouldn't mind growing rainbow vegetables. Talk about a colorful yummy meal.

Reaction score
I am always so tempted by veggies with different colors. I love the little cherry and pear tomatoes that are all different colors. I love different color bell peppers. I have never tried swiss chard at all. I really need to expand my veggies.

Ask a Question