Rainbow roses

Reaction score
So while thinking of an older thread which I think was on here, I remembered that I promised people a way of creating the rainbow coloured roses that you often see on eBay and such, and then I...never actually posted it! So here you go everyone, as I promised you-if it was here-a tutorial on how to make a rose any colour you want!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this video:) I had no idea that coloring roses is so easy. Who knows, maybe I'll give it a try. My friends would be very surprised if I gave them rainbow roses. I'm sure they have never seen anything like it. It's such a unique idea.
Personally, I like white roses the most:love:

Reaction score
The directions for making rainbow roses are all over Pinterest. It's a popular project. My local Walmart has started selling them dyed that way. I like that the ones in the video are more pastel colored. The ones I see on Pinterest are usually stronger primary colors.

Reaction score
I had not seen any tutorials on dyeing roses so I found the video very interesting! I like the pastel appearance; it looks very natural. I often wondered how they made this rainbow effect when I would see these type of flowers in the store.

Reaction score
I had not seen any tutorials on coloring roses so I found the video very interesting. I like the pastel colors; it looks very natural. I often wondered how they made this rainbow pattern when I would see these type of flowers in the store.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this video:) I had no idea that coloring roses is so easy. Who knows, maybe I'll give it a try. My friends would be very surprised if I gave them rainbow roses. I'm sure they have never seen anything like it. It's such a unique idea.
Personally, I like white roses the most:love:
No problem Claudine and everyone else!

I actually first saw this idea years ago on Blue Peter, if anyone knows of it, although I think it's a UK only show. Just totally forgot about it until recently when I was discussing it with someone...I think on here?

Reaction score
They are so pretty thanks for sharing this I am going to have to try this very soon. have a nice day everyone.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very interesting, if I was trying to impress someone for a very special occassion I would give them a special one of a kind group of dyed roses. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Very interesting, if I was trying to impress someone for a very special occassion I would give them a special one of a kind group of dyed roses. Thanks for sharing.
Haha, yeah I imagine being able to whip out a boquet of roses and say, "These were made especially for you. No other flowers exist in the world which are the same as these" would impress any date :p

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing, this definitely is a good idea if you want a more original look, very good for special occasions! What a cool way to make a boring rose stand out! (Not like dark red roses are boring!). The sister of a friend of mine did this, btw, she created some really beautiful bouquets, but I never knew how she did it!

Reaction score
I think I remember doing something like this in school! I think ours were just one color, though. Now I feel inclined to go get some roses and make something creative. I really like how these are subtle and not really tacky looking like some of the ones I've seen at stores. I think these would make a nice gift, too and maybe something my toddler and I could work on together.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is really an interesting video and I am fascinating with rainbow roses when I first saw them. I thought they were natural until I watch this video. This will be a fun project to do with my daughter though! Thanks for sharing this!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I think dying roses combined with preservation techniques (not drying but injecting chemicals that almost perfect preserves them) would be really interesting for permanent decorations/gifts. Something to think about...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I like the pastel roses pictured above, they look elegant and pretty. I do not like the vibrant colored ones you get at the store because they just look fake to me.

Ask a Question