Eucalyptus Deglupta (Rainbow Eucalyptus) Germination Issues

Reaction score
Hello there,
So I've recently been interested in growing a few rainbow eucalyptus trees to make into bonsais or grow into large indoor plants. Unfortunately, every time I attempt to grow the seeds, they die at the exact same point.

I've germinated 3 groups of seeds, once in regular soil, once with an extremely diluted amount of miracle grow, and the third time with oxygenated water (due to a low concentration of hydrogen peroxide). I don't go crazy with miracle grow or hydrogen peroxide...especially while sprouting seeds.

EACH TIME they sprout after a week or two, grow for about 8 days, and then die. All of them. I can't figure out why in the world this happens. Perhaps the soil I'm using is not conducive to seedling growth? A high humidity and reliable and warm temperature was always kept. It's just odd that about the same time of death for ALL seedlings has been consistent.

any suggestions?

Ask a Question