Advertisements

zigs

Naughty Cactus Moderator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Always getting them, apparently they only appear to be in the same place because thats where i'm viewing them from. If I were to move they'd appear to be somewhere else.

DSCF0009.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I love the photo from last month zigs.

Just curious, looking at today's photos, there are a couple of grey spots in both photos. What camera are you using? Because either there was something on the front of your lens or, if you're using a DSLR, then maybe you've got dust on your sensor.

Reaction score
Amazing, Zigs, that's what I'd call a proper rainbow, I see you got a pair in the first one. or were my eyes just tricking me and it was just some sort of reflection?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're magical! I love rainbows. In my room, I have a few mirrors and small glass decorations near the window, so when I'm sitting there, little rainbows often dance on my hands and everywhere around me.
The pictures are gorgeous. I've never seen a double rainbow in my area.

zigs

Naughty Cactus Moderator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love the photo from last month zigs.

Just curious, looking at today's photos, there are a couple of grey spots in both photos. What camera are you using? Because either there was something on the front of your lens or, if you're using a DSLR, then maybe you've got dust on your sensor.
Ta Gina, it was still raining, just a couple of raindrops on the lens.

Amazing, Zigs, that's what I'd call a proper rainbow, I see you got a pair in the first one. or were my eyes just tricking me and it was just some sort of reflection?
Ta Trellum, no, there were 2 of them.

Reaction score
Lovely! I love how "inside" of the bottom rainbow, on the second photo, it appears to be bright and sunny.

Interesting that so many have never seen a double rainbow before. They are actually quite common, as rainbows go, around here. Could it be that, because the second one is never quite as bold, you're just not seeing that one? Or is there something about the atmosphere, latitude, etc., where Zigs and I live (we live on opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean) that creates them for us. Admittedly, the second rainbow in your "yesterday" photo is very well pronounced.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Ta Gina, it was still raining, just a couple of raindrops on the lens.
I'm glad that's all. Cleaning sensors can be a real nuisance.

Interesting that so many have never seen a double rainbow before. They are actually quite common, as rainbows go, around here. Could it be that, because the second one is never quite as bold, you're just not seeing that one? Or is there something about the atmosphere, latitude, etc., where Zigs and I live (we live on opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean) that creates them for us. Admittedly, the second rainbow in your "yesterday" photo is very well pronounced.
I think they're quite common here too. I found a photo of one I took quite recently, though the photo is nowhere near as good as the first one zigs posted. I wonder if it's not a case of people who take a lot of photos looking at things like that more closely.

Reaction score
That is beautiful, in my gloomy world I haven't seen a rainbow in years. That is a marvel. Thanks for sharing.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Those are beautiful. Nothing but a treat to see a single, much less a double rainbow. I was very fortunate be on a train though Arizona and in the observation car. A quick desert storm, and then came the double rainbow over the tracks and since we were in the middle of nowhere you could see the entire arch from end to end. It was spectacular and yours zigs are quite amazing.

Reaction score
Beautiful! That is absolutely stunning! It's rare here to see double rainbows; I think you're lucky that you've caught one on camera. Is it raining a lot where you are? I get excited when I just see one rainbow and that's a time span of about 3 - 4 months; now I see you've seen 3! :X3:

zigs

Naughty Cactus Moderator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful! That is absolutely stunning! It's rare here to see double rainbows; I think you're lucky that you've caught one on camera. Is it raining a lot where you are? I get excited when I just see one rainbow and that's a time span of about 3 - 4 months; now I see you've seen 3! :X3:
Ta :)

Yep, rains a lot in England:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Love rainbows! Had one racing along beside me for about a quarter mile on a drive to work last month. Truly amazing.

Reaction score
I've only seen double rainbows a handful of times. I remember the first time too, it was in Colorado, looking out the window from the train. I still have the photos laying around in some folder, but they aren't nearly as good as these ones.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing with us. I like seeing such beauty. Makes my day!

Reaction score
Those are beauties! You are very fortunate to see a double rainbow! I have not seen a double rainbow in person yet. I hope that I do one day. Now tell me, did you find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

Reaction score
Those are beautiful photos. I've only seen a double rainbow once, and I took a blurry cellphone photo of it in the backyard of my old apartment.
You're lucky to see them as often as you do.

Ad

Advertisements

zigs

Naughty Cactus Moderator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
There was a nice one yesterday, but I was driving.

Those are beauties! You are very fortunate to see a double rainbow! I have not seen a double rainbow in person yet. I hope that I do one day. Now tell me, did you find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
No gold, but a couple of Tesco vouchers and a sandwich :)

Ask a Question