Rainbow Peppers!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 5b
I've recently stumbled onto this gorgeous pepper plant. It gets peppers in all different kinds of colors. They're supposed to be very spicy, just my kind of plant! The peppers are pretty tiny though. I wonder what they taste like. What do you guys think, would you want to have a plant like this?

a27a3b73d355048c6bab885897085f62_XL.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've recently stumbled onto this gorgeous pepper plant. It gets peppers in all different kinds of colors. They're supposed to be very spicy, just my kind of plant! The peppers are pretty tiny though. I wonder what they taste like. What do you guys think, would you want to have a plant like this?

a27a3b73d355048c6bab885897085f62_XL.jpg
Those look like ornamental peppers. If they are they are edible and hot although not much for flavor

Reaction score

Chuck is correct - in that they are what are known as ornamental peppers - which although extremely attractive when grown as either an indoor or outdoor ornamental plant - as not only are there many different colors and varying foliage colors which are extremely useful for adding a splash of color to what would otherwise be a dull area - they are generally not eaten - as they are way, way, way too hot to even contemplate eating.

However - as I grow both the ornamental peppers as well as the edible variety of rainbow peppers - you may find this helpful

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/rainbow-colored-vegetables.1610/

if you are wanting to grow edible rainbow peppers or any other rainbow colored vegetable for that matter :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I grow hot peppers that aren't as pretty but then again they are much hotter.

Looks like a fun addition just to spice things up between the hot boys.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These peppers are available on one of my favorite Polish gardening sites. I plan to purchase them for my boyfriend:D He likes pepper plants, so I'm sure it will be a nice surprise for him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those are gorgeous peppers for sure and I would love to have one of those in my garden. They remind me of some small sweet peppers I just got and stuffed with cheese for dinner, except for mine were sweet peppers and not hit at all. They sure did look beautiful on our dinner plate. I really like the purple ones and how they make the whole plant pop with color.

Ask a Question