Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning: Thankful for a cool morning.. Not the maddening heat yesterday. @BigC poor you. Rushing all these jobs before your holiday and worrying about your plants before the holiday. Make sure you screen your greenhouse as you might come home to yellowed sticks rather than verdant plants. Things in greenhouse dry up very quickly. Lovely hibiscus. I have giant hibiscus seeds (from China, so it could be a sham! I bought giant strawberries and they turned out to be minuscule alpine straw:eek:!) and the one which will change to 2 different colours in a day!) Still tiny seedlings.

Have a nice day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
@Stink Bug .....I wanted something to remind me of my visit to Australia because I thought I would never be able to return...(as it turns out I've been back 4 times now and plan to visit again in the near future) I wanted a painting, something ethnic like aboriginal and authentic....a lot of the art is generic and commercial for tourists until I visited a proper gallery and met with an artist he was pretty fluent in the usual dot type pictorial images we have all become accustomed to over the years but he also did other things as well such as the work below..I have all his details his tribe and his personal history to go along with the work I purchased below...it was a fair amount of money over $1000 AUD but its something that I will cherish forever...It depicts the journey of an aboriginal boy to manhood. I had it framed when I got home and it now hangs pride of place over the stairwell.

View attachment 23701
Awesome.
Glad you like our country.
The aboriginals have an amazing ability to create mind blowing art that's for sure.
Which parts of Oz have you visited so far?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome.
Glad you like our country.
The aboriginals have an amazing ability to create mind blowing art that's for sure.
Which parts of Oz have you visited so far?
Well one thing I realized when I got there and started driving was VASTNESS...We stayed on the Gold Coast and most of the townships (and islands Fraser and the Whitsundays) along its length to Cairns (with a few inland ones thrown in)...by plane we went to Sydney and Lady Elliott Island (a small island off Great Barrier Reef) that was the pinnacle of all the trips Down Under. I urge anyone interested in marine life (and even those who arnt to go to this paradise)...http://www.ladyelliot.com.au/ It truely is Heaven on earth,

Give me a tranquil plot of land, away from the Fire Ants :) and I would buy me this Queenslander fixer upper...I'd have that ship shape in no time ..and the company will deliver it to anywhere you want....This is what this lottery winner would spend his money on.....For now its just a dream...but my 6 numbers are on and I'm ever expectant Fair Dinkum..hahahahaha

319641_224807280905157_151750_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, nice day. Going to my friends this afternoon, i usually walk there but, she's going to pick me up. Have a good day all.:D
@BigC have you watched rabbit proof fence? it's a film.
Funny you should mention that Logan its a very very good film so much so I bought the DVD was gonna take a picture of it for you but I'm still in bed (lazy lie in after being up until after 4 varnishing..Its downstairs, will get a snap later...Yeah well worth what pittance I paid for it..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well one thing I realized when I got there and started driving was VASTNESS...We stayed on the Gold Coast and most of the townships (and islands Fraser and the Whitsundays) along its length to Cairns (with a few inland ones thrown in)...by plane we went to Sydney and Lady Elliott Island (a small island off Great Barrier Reef) that was the pinnacle of all the trips Down Under. I urge anyone interested in marine life (and even those who arnt to go to this paradise)...http://www.ladyelliot.com.au/ It truely is Heaven on earth,

Give me a tranquil plot of land, away from the Fire Ants :) and I would buy me this Queenslander fixer upper...I'd have that ship shape in no time ..and the company will deliver it to anywhere you want....This is what this lottery winner would spend his money on.....For now its just a dream...but my 6 numbers are on and I'm ever expectant Fair Dinkum..hahahahaha

View attachment 23703

Dream on .. Have a facebook to sell your arty worker might earn you money faster. Can I be your apprentice ..?

Or sell your lovely work via gumtree. Yesterday I sold 3 bamboos and I realised that I gave them away as a greedy woman sold an orange echinacea for £7 whilst I sold my bamboos 3 feet tall with 4 to 5 stems for £5 .. The buyer was very pleased.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning to one and all, how are you all doing today?

Temperature is a tad lower today....which to be honest is a real blessing.

By the afternoon our garden has little shade and in this heat it becomes unbearable to work in, thankfully our 3 patio areas do offer some respite, so sitting reading/ listening to music is all that can be done ;):D:ROFLMAO:

Yuk!! Grocery shopping is beckoning me!

Have a lovely Sunny Saturday...or if you have rain ( then your lucky!) a Sploshing Good Saturday!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia

View attachment 23703
Wish you the best of luck.
Hope to see you soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning to one and all, how are you all doing today?

Temperature is a tad lower today....which to be honest is a real blessing.

By the afternoon our garden has little shade and in this heat it becomes unbearable to work in, thankfully our 3 patio areas do offer some respite, so sitting reading/ listening to music is all that can be done ;):D:ROFLMAO:

Yuk!! Grocery shopping is beckoning me!

Have a lovely Sunny Saturday...or if you have rain ( then your lucky!) a Sploshing Good Saturday!
We have sunshine this morning...hope it lasts....I'm off to Homebase to get me half a dozen 31cms Terracotta plant pots at £2 each...

@alp I have a beautiful Niger Bamboo I grew from a small plant its about 8ft tall now thin canes

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I could give you my terracotta pots. They dry up so quickly in this hot area .. So I stop using them. Could be perfect in Ireland.

Ask a Question