Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah....there you are, got me worried for a moment !

Our Lavenders have gone berserk this year, thankfully I took lots of cuttings last year so they will get pulled up and replaced as they border one of our patio areas ...and we can hardly see the rest of the garden now!!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC thanks.

do you mean this one? It's a lavender.
IMG_20170708_184757.jpg

@alp thanks, Sorry i don't know the name of the agapanthus. It's so long ago.That Anemone is a bully, it spreads and covers up the rest of the plants. Have to keep pulling it up, but i can't get the roots out,so i just keep pulling the growth up.
@Upsy Daisy thanks, I always put mixed spice on top of the bread before i put the milk and egg mixture on. The original recipe it doesn't say spice, but hubby likes it.It's a good way to use up the old bread.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan I agree that the anemone roots are all invasive and that's why I haven't put one into the ground. But at the same time, I'm worried I might not keep them alive in pots, so I spread them across several pots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Loving the Lavender @Logan...I wish mine would take off like that, I do better with these in pots...If I put them into this clay soil I'm wasting my time.....This year was better than most we have found a variety that likes "Our way" so to speak and it provided the bees with no end of pollen...
Latest buy was a Buddleia bush nice deep red fronds but as ever something has taken a shine to its leaves...this gardening lark is a WAR..:mad:
Anyhow I just finished the latest toybox which I will be delivering to West Yorks next week...took a while but it dont look too bad...Its for a friend of the wife's, grand-daughter..I'm sure she'll like it.:)

Grace Finished.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC Very nice ... You're very good with your hands. @Upsy Daisy Was a bit late this morning as I watered and watered and cleaned some part of the garden so that the shelves in the lean to could be moved out. All the shelves are out, but there are is a lot of stuff on the floor. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC thanks they do like a lot of drainage. I'd put a lot of grit in the hole before planting.I wouldn't worry too much the budleia leaves. I wouldn't spray. Those boxes look great, she should like them.:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Logan Just had dinner and fell asleep watching butterflies with Toby Buckland in Hampton Court E3. Had to rewind to see the beautiful butterflies again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful blooms as always @alp.....Our Hydrangeas are starting to colour up now such an array of colour we have 3...a deep red, a blue and a lovely delicate pink...make me smile every year... and the larger one hides the unsightly oil heating tank perfectly

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Very hot and dry in Alberta. Went for a bike ride at 7am along the irrigation canal, it's full and flowing fast. The dryland farmers are in bad shape if we don't get some rain soon. Fire bans across the province, British Columbia is fighting a lot of forest fires and so are the US states south of me. Won't be long until we light up unless we get rain.
P1040581.JPG
P1040584.JPG
P1040583.JPG
P1040582.JPG
P1040575.JPG
P1040576.JPG
P1040574.JPG
P1040573.JPG
P1040572.JPG
P1040571.JPG
P1040570.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks so idyllic @johnny canoe ...love that greenhouse barn roof shape...reminds me of my old one...
Hope your not in the way of any forest fires.....stay safe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp i always fall asleep watching programmes like that. Just watched escape to the country, fell asleep nearly at the end.I couldn't sleep last night, had one of those tower fan's on, the sound of it kept me awake, also OH snoring. If he's not doing that he keeps moving his legs in his sleep. He says that he can't get comfortable, but I'm sure he's asleep.
@johnny canoe lovely flowers, hope that you're safe.

Ask a Question