Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all - Shame that you couldn't sleep well, @Logan Might be a good idea to sleep in separate rooms in weather like this. I have a small fan blowing next to my right hand yesterday. It was awful. I was working in the garden and sweat just fell into my eyes with all its saltiness and really big drops from my forehead. Get a small fan like 7 inches in diameter as it is quieter and does the job.

Now, I had the dilemma of whether to water or not. According to the weather report, it should rain heavily, but the UK weather reports are anything but reliable!:eek:

Ah, a big good morning to all, @Logan !

@johnny canoe Calgary must have been very hot. Can't believe how many dahlias flowers you have. The most I have is about 5 in out Mambo and the rest 2 or only one flower at a time. Either you must have fed them VERY well or you have green-fingers. Such a lot of flowers.. This year, I don't understand why most of my plants have had no flowers. I planted tons of butterfly weeds and none is in a hurry to bloom. I still have bald patches on the border.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp yes it might be, thanks. Got to plant some of the snapdragons, i was going to clear a bit of the weeds to put them in, but pot them up in some bigger pots instead. Supposed to have rain tomorrow. Have a good day.:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Such is my faith in the weather report that I watered my plants and did my laundry.

I'm gong to plant out some penstemons as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Helloooooooo everyone! How are you all on this lovely bright , sunny and bone dry day!!

We find it OK at night as we leave all the upstairs widows wide open and all doors too so a lovely flow of air goes right through the house at night. During the day and depending on the position of the sun all blinds/ curtains are closed to keep it cool.

My dad has had another fall so I'm off to check him out , probably stay the day with him if it's needed.

Hope you all have a Magnificent Monday!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of pics from yesterday...on my tablet again so still a bit squiffy ..will get the hand of it one day:D
IMG_20170709_174437.jpg
IMG_20170709_173700.jpg
IMG_20170707_172316.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe ... gorgeous garden ....how do you keep it so lush looking, when ,like us over here, rain is scarce??

Our lawn is now the shade of straw !! Not that it's a problem as it will pick up again quickly when we do eventually get rain.....but not a good look in photos.... infact it tends to look ten times worse n them!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely video, @johnny canoe I was expecting men being thrown to the ground by horses though!:eek:

@Upsy Daisy I feel so sorry for you. I read the newspaper about Rushed Woman syndrome and thought about you. It seems to me you're firing at all cylinders and I hope you can rest a bit and now your Dad had a fall. Very nasty when old people have falls.. Make sure his shoes have proper soles and see where he had his fall and make sure that's not going to happen again. I hope he's OK and that you have a bit of respite after this.

What stunning photos and I like the way you compose your photos. Godetias are one of my first flowers raised from seeds. Memories ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp thanks.... he's had several falls now so we are getting use to checking him and his environment out...not that it seems to make any difference!! We have finally persuaded him to have handles put up by his back door....this was where he fell yesterday!

Godetia is my most favourite annual.....grow it every year.:)

Have a good day(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
Sitting with my dear dad eating coffee cake ( one of his favourites) and listeninig to his entire collection of records of songs from the World War 2 era........ foot tapping stuff......I know how to party:ROFLMAO::D

He's not too bad, very stiff on the side he landed on and a bit shakened.....but not stirred:)

Had a quick hoover round, dusted and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom/loo......all in time to the beat..:LOL:

Made him his fave sandwiches....egg mayo.....and now all is lovely and calm, even his old Lab is snoozing away ....must be the music!!, :sleep::sleep: even my eye lids are drooping !!

Hubs is picking me up later after I've served up his evening meal :)

Catch you all later, have a lovely afternoon (y)

Ask a Question