Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! @Upsy Daisy ! What a striking photo with the zinnia as the focus. The lovely photos woke me up now. I was trying to stay awake for Hampton Court FS the section about my beloved Penstemon, but no, I just lost consciousness a few time with my head knocking backward. The beauty of the composition just stunned me. The air and the heat just made me feel very tired.

@Larisa The burgundy one you mean? Knautia - cousins of scabious .. Hehe!

Somewhere shady, @Larisa At the moment, in my kitchen as my whole house is too dry and hot. Kitchen is not so out of sync ..

I can tell I lost it at that poiint

The beauty of the composition just stunned me. (Here, I was actually referring to @Upsy Daisy 's stunning zinnia at the foreground / focus.. I was out of it!)

The air and the heat just made me feel very tired.:eek: Out of it..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I could give you my terracotta pots. They dry up so quickly in this hot area .. So I stop using them. Could be perfect in Ireland.
Hahaha just been shopping with the War Department in Sainsburys and they were selling larger plastic (terracotta coloured) pots off for £1.75 a piece so rather than travel 10 mile up the road to Homebase I broke with tradition and bought these instead...but I still like the authentic Terracotta plant pot....Yes suits Northern Ireland perfectly. :)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, not long come back from my friend's, Keith. He has MS, he's been having problems with his carers. They send people that don't know what to do and he has to tell them. That stresses him and can have a relapse with his MS. Been watching the Marx brothers with him on utube, one of them playing the piano. Watched 10 clips of films, playing it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, not long come back from my friend's, Keith. He has MS, he's been having problems with his carers. They send people that don't know what to do and he has to tell them. That stresses him and can have a relapse with his MS. Been watching the Marx brothers with him on utube, one of them playing the piano. Watched 10 clips of films, playing it.
Thats fantastic Logan that you care enough to look after your friend when he is in need...I too have a friend whose wife has advanced MS and Alzheimer's...it aint pretty but god love the man he looks after her every whim (I dont think I could cope) and whats more he struggles to get proper help.....I remember when we all used to go out together, such a sad state of affairs..I commend you for your commitment..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Used to love the Marx brothers Logan :)
Not good your friend doesnt have the quality of carers he deserves. Clearly though he has good support from you :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

@Logan You can be his carer once you can walk properly. Why not think about it? At least he knows you and enjoys your company.

I have watched the video long time ago. Will watch again.

Really love this penstemon dwarf
SAM_0068.JPG

Rudbeckia which might have self-seeded from last year's ones
SAM_0073.JPG
SAM_0074.JPG

Dahlia Mrs Eileen
SAM_0070.JPG

My first achillea -
SAM_0080.JPG
SAM_0081.JPG
cerise queen

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC, thanks, yes it's upsetting to see friends that way. He's lost his hearing, has 2 hearing aids. He's changing the carers,he has to do it through social services, thought he had to give a weeks notice, but it was 2 weeks. So he's got to put up with them for another week. They don't come when they supposed to. In the morning they should arrive between 9 - 9.30 in the morning to get him out of bed. It's even worse now.
@Verdun yes thanks.i think he will get it. But he should have gone through social services first.Before i did my knee, i went round once a fortnight for a few hours. He's got a computer and makes greetings cards, i cut things out for him,he can't do it himself.
@alp lovely flowers, the bees supposed to like the achillias,:D but i grew them and nothing .Yes thanks.Keith's already got another carer that comes in the day to do his meals,cleaning, washing and ironing. That's the one who picked me up. I got to know him through her. She did live with him as his partner, but things didn't work out, but still carried on as his carer. I thought at the time it was a bit strange to do that. But that's what he wanted. :)It's sad that he still has feelings for her.:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just beautiful @alp...digging the achillea ...not bad for a drought riddin southerner hahahahaha (only kiddin mate)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC Thank you. Apparently, achilleas and eryngium are both good choice for droughty places. I have them both and the trouble is that eryngium keeps growing everywhere .. Been watching the last episode of Spring Watch and kept falling asleep. An hour is far too long. Now going to make some bread.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all...busy busy busy this morning as we're getting ready for Wales...:)
Nice pics @Logan ...what is the blue flowered plant that has quite a large spread please?
Bread and Butter pudding sounds delish...
I shamefully had to throw a mountain of Lettuce away yesterday (wish I knew someone with rabbits) in an endevour of clearing up the greenhouse to make life easier for the watering brigade recruits....such a shame but I will plant/sow less next year...Tomatoes and Chillis are in abundance so all they have to do is keep them watered for 2 weeks...Please Gawd hahahahahahaha...Hope you all have a great day ....C

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all!
Gorgeous pics @Logan ....gosh you're a early busy bee......mmm bread and butter pudding, that takes me back....near to where I worked ( before the patter of tiny feet!) there was a lovely and very popular bakery shop.....and their bread and butter pudding was to die for!! Sadly that bakery is no more:(

Hope to plant out my now healthy sick bay patients today...well this evening when the heat has eased up a bit.

Have a Serene Sunday everyone.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey! @Logan Didn't know that you have such a lot of agapanthus.. Such a lovely show. Your lavenders are so tall.. Amazing..

Can you give me the name of your agapanthus please? I love that colour. I haven't got any blue one flowering yet. Shame. Good show.. Bet you must be pleased that you can walk around and take photos..

I don't think I have a double pink anemone either.. Lovely, @Logan I'm green with envy, especially the neon blue agapanthus... Very pretty and different.

@BigC Have a bit confidence in your understudies ... Shame! I wish I were a rabbit..

Ask a Question