Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No. :( I don't have much of any flowers besides the roses and whatever is in the pond. I am convinced, (thanks in part to you) that next spring I am going to do all flowers under my cypress tree behind the pond and plant 1 of each kind I like, like the fuchsias and others. Lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Stink Bug
Yes, those flowers like very familiar, but they are so much more prolific than peas. Do you live in Cairn or in Queensland?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Larisa I took this one this morning for your game of "what is it"? I apologize since it's a little blurry after I cropped it.

I do not get tired of admiring the fantasy of nature! Lotus ( Nelumbo nucifera) is beautiful even after flowering. :)

@Upsy Daisy Very nice garden! Well-groomed and harmonious. :)
@Stink Bug I like your winter!:D

@alp Beautiful streptocarpus!
When do you cut a hydrangea, in spring or in autumn?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I do not get tired of admiring the fantasy of nature! Lotus ( Nelumbo nucifera) is beautiful even after flowering. :)

@Upsy Daisy Very nice garden! Well-groomed and harmonious. :)
@Stink Bug I like your winter!:D

@alp Beautiful streptocarpus!
When do you cut a hydrangea, in spring or in autumn?

You can take cuttings now. This is the time when the plants want to grow and I will take those without any flowers and just pot them on. They root very readily.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some more pics from today ....taken on my tablet..so a bit off centre I'm afraid
IMG_20170707_171323.jpg
IMG_20170707_170843.jpg
IMG_20170707_165215.jpg
IMG_20170707_103055.jpg
IMG_20170707_102845.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_100732.jpg
    IMG_20170707_100732.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 122

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! @Upsy Daisy ! What a striking photo with the zinnia as the focus. The lovely photos woke me up now. I was trying to stay awake for Hampton Court FS the section about my beloved Penstemon, but no, I just lost consciousness a few time with my head knocking backward. The beauty of the composition just stunned me. The air and the heat just made me feel very tired.

@Larisa The burgundy one you mean? Knautia - cousins of scabious .. Hehe!

Somewhere shady, @Larisa At the moment, in my kitchen as my whole house is too dry and hot. Kitchen is not so out of sync ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I cant keep up with all these pics of fine plants and flowers they are amazing such colours Thanks for posting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa ....Its a Scabious, only planted a couple last year and now there is a huge clump of them , bees and butterflies love them. This year I've also grown white ones in the hope that they too will multiply !
Yes it is a tuber one:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
MORNING ALL...I think I'm up before Logan this morning..:sleep:..Varnishing toyboxes in the garage is my crime..I have to get this finished by tonight at the latest...no flowers on this one I'm afraid but I have one planned for a country garden think flowers, trees, butterflies, birds and bees....still all in my head at the moment...:)..Have a fine day ya'll and I'm really jealous of all you folks bathed in sunshine, maybe you could thorw some my way. Later I hope to be training the hosepipe brigade into the art of keeping plants alive whilst I'm on holiday for 2 weeks....how hard can it be.:unsure:

20170625_155904.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Stink Bug .....I wanted something to remind me of my visit to Australia because I thought I would never be able to return...(as it turns out I've been back 4 times now and plan to visit again in the near future) I wanted a painting, something ethnic like aboriginal and authentic....a lot of the art is generic and commercial for tourists until I visited a proper gallery and met with an artist he was pretty fluent in the usual dot type pictorial images we have all become accustomed to over the years but he also did other things as well such as the work below..I have all his details his tribe and his personal history to go along with the work I purchased below...it was a fair amount of money over $1000 AUD but its something that I will cherish forever...It depicts the journey of an aboriginal boy to manhood. I had it framed when I got home and it now hangs pride of place over the stairwell.

296153_225985687453983_706136_n.jpg

Ask a Question