Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.....Beautiful pics everyone @Upsy Daisy your garden looks amazing, some nice plants in there for me to add to my borders :rolleyes:
Have a great day people whilst in Sunshine or in Rain.......(incidentally ...it is raining here....again)
Regards
C

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everybody. @Stink Bug What are the names of the lovely plants please? Very pretty and full of flowers.

@Upsy Daisy What a lovely and interesting garden with lovely features .. Hope you can sit there and enjoy yourself to cool off today.. Such an array of different plants. I have a lot of seedlings still coming up to be recognised and I have killed 3 giant slugs this morning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp
and I have killed 3 giant slugs this morning.
The bane of my life mate.....especially the Hostas....Its an ongoing war I have to fight every year....These frogs in the pond are totally lazy :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everyone, how are things?

Gosh where does the week go!....Friday already:eek:

Another lovely sunny morning albeit without a single raindrop in sight:(

Our poor plants are having to toughen up and cope with this lack of water, but sadly not sure for how long they can withstand it:(

Just checked again and we are still ' booked' for some rain on Tuesday... fingers crossed(y).

Well here's to another Frazzling Friday...sun blocks at the ready!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp
The bane of my life mate.....especially the Hostas....Its an ongoing war I have to fight every year....These frogs in the pond are totally lazy :)

I know what you mean! I chucked some ladybirds into my lean-to, hoping that they would consume my aphids. But no, they have other ideas and I found out that the aphids were still rampant and apparently, the ladybirds were having rampant s ex and there were babies everywhere.

@BigC Might be only go for slug resistant hostas. I never thought much of hostas as it is too hot in Essex for them, but having seen some beautiful foliage and lovely flowers, I can appreciate people's love for them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Update! Things have changed yet again....rain arriving late Monday afternoon for a couple of hours..... believe it when I see it!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Good morning everybody. @Stink Bug What are the names of the lovely plants please? Very pretty and full of flowers

The Hardenbergia genus is a member of the pea flower subfamily of the legume family and was named after Franziska Countess von Hardenberg. There are three species in Australia, growing in areas from Queensland to Tasmania.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just had dinner and my consciousness is already drifting... It's so hot so have the fan on now.

Double lily Elena, been attacked by beetles, but this one seems to have escaped .
SAM_0303.JPG

Garden is now full of Mambo
SAM_0305.JPG

Another of my primula auricula
SAM_0297.JPG

hypericum has form fruits
SAM_0296.JPG

A zinnia
SAM_0294.JPG

Busy bee getting inebriated on a yellow Tanz echinacea. Saw an orange one in the market and they were asking for £7! Whoa!
SAM_0292.JPG

DS Telma
SAM_0286.JPG

Another strepto
SAM_0290.JPG
SAM_0288.JPG

I really like this hydrangea as it has serrated petals.. Lovely
SAM_0298.JPG
SAM_0300.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0302.JPG
    SAM_0302.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 141

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl I was actually after Blue Bayou. I bought supposedly Blue Bayou and left it in my lean to. Once it had a bud, I stared at it every day and I started to worry. When it flowered, I found out it was a double, not a single and it turned out to be the wrong plant. In the end, i got a refund. I was also sent some dinner plate dahlia which I had never had throughout my life. I loved it though.
download.jpg

And this is Blue Bayou
download.jpg

I have yet to see my Blue Bayou. I have bought them THREE TIMES! :eek::cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I can see my Blue Bayou... One was killed by overwatering in the winter. The other one was not sent the right one. sent Mambo instead. Now I just keep my fingers crossed. Have you got any dahlias, @tbendl ?

Ask a Question