Neem oil

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A lot of us do. Neem Oil is a triple threat. It is a mitacide, a fungicide and an insecticide but it is not great at any of them. It is good but not great. Neem is best for killing eggs. No other product does this as well as Neem. Neem has a drawback however. Once opened it has a shelf life of about 6 weeks. The more you open it the faster it loses its strength.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Yes, I definitely use it but only when needed which isn't often.

The primary use for me is as a drip to treat corn ears. I drip a solution of BT and neem oil 1 to 10 ratio on the silk to prevent ear damage from worms. Highly effective.

Another use for me is to spray my fruit trees during dormancy as a preventive against insects/disease.

I just don't have significant insect problems, so it is a rare day that I use an entire small container of Neem oil. I end up throwing away unused containers and open new containers most times I use it. Great product!

Ask a Question