How do you correctly apply neem oil? ( explain from a - z)

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Heyya There!
I'm a beginner on pesticides, as i usually let pests and insects go on their lives, regardless of what they do; Chewing, sucking, and pooping all over my plants. It doesn't really bother any of my plants. The greeneries would just regenerate as it gets chewed upon and the pests naturally die off from getting wrinkly old or being devoured by other insects.

Now, the tale has shifted. I moved into a west facing balcony. Its really nice, the balcony space is bigger than most apartments, i'm grateful for this. Unfortunately, there's always going to be some problem waiting to be dealed with anywhere we go. This problem is, a sun explosure problem!

This area is mainly blocked by buildings magnificently standing tall, stopping any form of shining shimmering splendid rays of sunshine from blessing my balcony with it's miraculous glow. We still get some direct sun though. At midday, the sun gets high up, finally gazing upon us, bursting a brief time of rays that vaporize anything in it's path. When the clock hits 1 PM, the sun flew too far off and gets blocked by the another building, making the condition of my area very dull and lifeless.

Thankfully, i could still grow a limited variety of plants. The ones that grew and blossomed are sunflowers, japanese morning glories and vincas. The thing is, out of countless series of sowing seeds, only a few grew up to be those flowers. Even with limited sun exposure, they can still grow, but they get frail and vulnerable to disease. They dont have the strong immune system like they should have when grown in ideal conditions.

The biggest problem that caused my plants to die (other than sunlight) are bad insects. Aphids, Whiteflies, and mealybugs get nasty all over my plants and eventually kills them. I dont wanna risk my mom and my siblings by dealing them with synthetic pesticides. so i chose neem oil, i think it's the right choice 'cause i dont wanna hurt my family, but i really need to knock these plant-buillies off my property!!!

My first time with neem oil is not good. I must've added too much oil and sprayed too densely. It burned my plants, killing half of the population and made the other half really weak. Also, i think the glaring sun once every midday is involved in this. Even though i spray in the evening, the plant is still covered in neem oil by the following day when the sun is up.

I really, truly need your advice on this. I've lost my plants way too many times. Its messing up my mind and my wallet huhuuu.

Oh, and the reason i use pesticide is that i dont have time to pick up all the bugs loll especially the playgroup ones. I dont have the 4k vision to be able to spot all them too. And school is taking alot of my schedule

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Heyya There!
I'm a beginner on pesticides, as i usually let pests and insects go on their lives, regardless of what they do; Chewing, sucking, and pooping all over my plants. It doesn't really bother any of my plants. The greeneries would just regenerate as it gets chewed upon and the pests naturally die off from getting wrinkly old or being devoured by other insects.

Now, the tale has shifted. I moved into a west facing balcony. Its really nice, the balcony space is bigger than most apartments, i'm grateful for this. Unfortunately, there's always going to be some problem waiting to be dealed with anywhere we go. This problem is, a sun explosure problem!

This area is mainly blocked by buildings magnificently standing tall, stopping any form of shining shimmering splendid rays of sunshine from blessing my balcony with it's miraculous glow. We still get some direct sun though. At midday, the sun gets high up, finally gazing upon us, bursting a brief time of rays that vaporize anything in it's path. When the clock hits 1 PM, the sun flew too far off and gets blocked by the another building, making the condition of my area very dull and lifeless.

Thankfully, i could still grow a limited variety of plants. The ones that grew and blossomed are sunflowers, japanese morning glories and vincas. The thing is, out of countless series of sowing seeds, only a few grew up to be those flowers. Even with limited sun exposure, they can still grow, but they get frail and vulnerable to disease. They dont have the strong immune system like they should have when grown in ideal conditions.

The biggest problem that caused my plants to die (other than sunlight) are bad insects. Aphids, Whiteflies, and mealybugs get nasty all over my plants and eventually kills them. I dont wanna risk my mom and my siblings by dealing them with synthetic pesticides. so i chose neem oil, i think it's the right choice 'cause i dont wanna hurt my family, but i really need to knock these plant-buillies off my property!!!

My first time with neem oil is not good. I must've added too much oil and sprayed too densely. It burned my plants, killing half of the population and made the other half really weak. Also, i think the glaring sun once every midday is involved in this. Even though i spray in the evening, the plant is still covered in neem oil by the following day when the sun is up.

I really, truly need your advice on this. I've lost my plants way too many times. Its messing up my mind and my wallet huhuuu.

Oh, and the reason i use pesticide is that i dont have time to pick up all the bugs loll especially the playgroup ones. I dont have the 4k vision to be able to spot all them too. And school is taking alot of my schedule
It should say on the container how much of the Neem Oil is to be mixed into a gallon of water or liter. In the US most Neem is mixed at 2 oz per gallon of water. Being as Neem is an oil you do not spray except in the early morning or late afternoon.

Ask a Question