Was trimming this palm tree done correctly?

Reaction score
Country
United States
new homeowner and member here I recently just purchased my first home and decided to do some mantience around the house. I hated the way this tree looked in the front yard so I trimmed around the stump? I was told by a friend to trim it a little, he left me the tools, and went on about his day so I was by myself. So I'm wondering, did I trim it correctly? Should I take more off? And should I have even attempted to trim in the first place? I just didn't like how it looked with all those sharp edges on the bottom. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1993.JPG
    IMG_1993.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 277
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Yes, I agree, this Pindo Palm (Butia odorata, Butia capitata or similar) was trimmed correctly. The two most common errors were avoided. Ample eaf bases were left on the trunk so as to not to injuje or expose it, and the leaf skirt was not raised higher than the recommended horizontal.

Ask a Question