Have I planted my Areca Palm correctly?

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing fine and safe amid these extraordinary times.

I have just bought in a new Areca Palm and had it planted in a tray outside where it receives ample of indirect light throughout the day.

Please check out its picture once and advise if I have planted it correctly. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 727528BE-4368-497E-98FC-90AC79CDBF22.jpeg
    727528BE-4368-497E-98FC-90AC79CDBF22.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 134
Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to have enough soil between the bottom of the tray and the root ball for it to grow correctly. If there's not enough, it will show it in a few weeks, so let's keep our fingers crossed. Very pretty plant and it looks super nice in the growing tray. Thank you for sharing your transplant.

Reaction score
Country
India
You need to have enough soil between the bottom of the tray and the root ball for it to grow correctly. If there's not enough, it will show it in a few weeks, so let's keep our fingers crossed. Very pretty plant and it looks super nice in the growing tray. Thank you for sharing your transplant.
Thank you, oneeye.

I'm quite on the edge about this plant because I don't have enough space for a larger tray or pot other than this, which is 6-7" deep.

Is there anything else that can be done to ensure its survival?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lets watch and see, it would be very interesting to find out if your palm has enough root space to grow. The root systems are suppose to stay compact and restricted and so this is a good thread to watch. Please keep us posted aparrgup!

Ask a Question