Neem Oil?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Not in my country. But perhaps in very hot countries it's a different story.

I remember reading that some plants react badly to neem, resulting in leaf burn. But most plants are fine with it.

Best time is after watering I think.

I found this list of plants that you shouldn't use neem on - it will cause leaf burn on these plants:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think it depends upon what pests you're trying to get rid of?

Also, I think there's a lot to be said for leaving them be unless they become a big problem as that will bring predatorss into the garden. If you use (for example) neem routinely you'll become dependent upon it.

So as an example, if you get greenfly in small numbers just watch for a bit and see if natural predators move in to feed on them. If not, try washing them off with water jet. Or better still, if your plants don't get stressed (over watering, under watering, too hot, too cold) they're less likely to experience an attack.

But there's a few ideas to try in this article - garlic, chili, soap, oil etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Try a Spinosad-based product. It kills many different bugs and caterpillars and doesn't harm plants, ever.

Ask a Question