JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went hiking yesterday and a local nature sanctuary. Thought I'd share some of the flowers I saw along the way.

Wild Geranium
IMG_6597 copy.jpg

White Trillium
IMG_6598 copy.jpg

Bleeding Hearts
IMG_6602 copy.jpg

Virginia Bluebells along the river
IMG_6605 copy.jpg

Shooting Stars
IMG_6624 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love all those flowers and colors! Beauty is everywhere, having the eye to find them all in the photographs is a real skill you have mastered. I enjoyed this thread and I'm here for now! :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The nearby prairie restoration was being mowed today. The first step toward killing off the weeds and letting the natives thrive.
It'll be interesting to see how this looks in a couple years. I know-first hand how weedy this unused farm field was before they decided to restore it. I can hardly imagine it being filled with natives. Eventually there will be a trail through it, too. So it should be fun to explore if it's done right and cared for.

IMG_0225 copy.jpg

IMG_0226 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I came across this article with photos of blue-eyed bees sleeping in flowers. And it reminded me of a picture I took back in 2018 of a native squash bee (I believe), I found one evening that had buried itself into the seed pod of a native Florida Rain Lily (Zephyranthes atamasca).

My Pics from 2018

027.JPG
029.JPG
028.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I especially like the photo of the Wild Geranium. Its pastel purple coloring is perfect for Easter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is an exceptionally fine thread, with many beautiful wildflower photos.

The flower listed as 'unknown' on a post on Page 3 is Creeping Jacob's Ladder (Polemonium reptans), a beautiful, blue-flowered perennial native to eastern and central North America.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I decided to create this post as a way to share images of plants that grow in the wild. I'm a huge fan of the great outdoors, I get outside all the time and I often photograph the plants I see. Mother Nature is who I look up to as a gardener. Not only is she an expert gardener, but she's an expert plant designer, too. Humans frequently try to edit her work, but what she's created can never be topped. I hope you all participate along with me when you get the chance, and help me keep this thread going to show all of Mother Nature's work. Please share your photos of nature's garden if you have them. If you don't, head outdoors with a camera and take some photos!

I'll start by sharing a few of the plants I've come across in the past week.

New England Aster
View attachment 8660

Bottle Gentian
View attachment 8661

I'm not completely sure, I believe this is some kind of wild sunflower.
View attachment 8662

Sneezeweed
View attachment 8663

Great Blue Lobelia
View attachment 8664
Those are so cool! Where were these taken? The closest things we have near my home area are the wildflowers in flagstaff. https://www.flagstaff.az.gov/Docume...Z-Native-Perennials_2017-Master-Gardner-Class

Ask a Question