JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I decided to create this post as a way to share images of plants that grow in the wild. I'm a huge fan of the great outdoors, I get outside all the time and I often photograph the plants I see. Mother Nature is who I look up to as a gardener. Not only is she an expert gardener, but she's an expert plant designer, too. Humans frequently try to edit her work, but what she's created can never be topped. I hope you all participate along with me when you get the chance, and help me keep this thread going to show all of Mother Nature's work. Please share your photos of nature's garden if you have them. If you don't, head outdoors with a camera and take some photos!

I'll start by sharing a few of the plants I've come across in the past week.

New England Aster
IMG_3483 copy.jpg

Bottle Gentian
IMG_3719 copy.jpg

I'm not completely sure, I believe this is some kind of wild sunflower.
IMG_3782 copy.jpg

Sneezeweed
IMG_3788 copy1.jpg

Great Blue Lobelia
IMG_3789 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I love your flowers. Unfortunately, the only flowers we have here are the dandelions, hahahaaa. My husband is a good gardener but his main trip are edible plants like vegetables and small trees. Sometimes he plants peanuts, cassava, okra and other vegetables. We have lemon trees, a grape vine and some other fruits. By the way, we have a sampaguita flower here, it is a small bush that produces flowers all year round. It is the national flower of our country.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
If only I had the time... There are not many opportunities in the city to view "nature gardens". Everything's either cultivated or some unwanted invasive. The asters are lovely! I'm thinking of going out to get some this morning.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I love the flowers especially the sneeze weed (quite a name that, wonder about that too). We have so many wild flowers here I will be sure to post pics of few of them. It is true mother nature remains unchallenged in her natural works.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love the flowers especially the sneeze weed (quite a name that, wonder about that too).

Sneezeweed is poorly named. It doesn't make you sneeze and doesn't affect allergy sufferers. It also isn't a weed. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love your shots of these wild flowers! I have aster growing in the garden at the moment, too! They attract lots of different skippers so far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Bottle Gentian looks magical:) All these plants are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures with us, JBtheExplorer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What are those flowers that look like blue daisies? They're beautiful and very, very cute! If they grew in my garden, I'd cut one and put it in my hair:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. I love the colors, I like to walk my neighborhood to see how people are growing their gardens, this year there were not many flowers. The wild honeysuckle was cut down by the county. I miss walking past that spot and smelling the honeysuckle. I agree Mother Nature is the best gardener.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What are those flowers that look like blue daisies? They're beautiful and very, very cute! If they grew in my garden, I'd cut one and put it in my hair:D

Those are Asters, in the same family as daisies and sunflowers.
The first one is Smooth Blue Aster, I think. The second one with the thinner petals is New England Aster.

Ask a Question