Nature's Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Always nice to see a bit of summery colour on an otherwise miserable and grey day! (y)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This guy has an amazing camera. @JBtheExplorer I find myself just staring at these and other pictures you've posted. Beautiful and amazing things happen when you snap a shot from that camera of yours.

I try my best! Photography is one of my favorite hobbies. Truth is, it's deeper than that, though. I hope that the better I can capture nature, the more people will respect it after seeing my photos. I'll always try my best to show nature in the best way possible, and this forum is a great place in particular to show the beauty of native plants, and more importantly, the importance that native plants have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
South Africa
Oh wow guys! thank you for sharing your amazing pictures from nature, many of these I have never seen! I'm loving the blue's and yellow's! This is a great idea, I'm totally motivated to drag my husband outside this weekend, he gets so bored with me snapping every plant though! I think I should get him a drone or remote control something so he wont notice me crawling in the bushes :p

Reaction score
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer Thank you for the links. I really appreciate them a lot. I was really interested in your point that not all native garden flowers help bees and butterflies. I took it for granted that flowering plants like those, with pollen stalks sticking out, generally benefited from their service. The pond photos I also found amazing, up-close and personal.

It led me to think that you really must have closer bonds to gardening and insects and animals that live or pass through there. Your pics are so detailed and alive that it's hard to imagine you walking through your garden and stepping on anything without being mindful. At least that's the vibe I'm getting.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer I was really interested in your point that not all native garden flowers help bees and butterflies.

It led me to think that you really must have closer bonds to gardening and insects and animals that live or pass through there.

Actually, all native plants are important to something (some animal, some insect, some ecosystem), but non-native plants are often useless, and in some cases, dangerous to existing habitats. Gardeners are lucky enough to have the ability to restore habitat through their gardens, but unfortunately, gardeners are also the ones who've caused invasive plants to take over and destroy habitats. Sadly, even with our knowledge of that danger, it's still happening today with plants like Butterfly Bush and Yellow Flag Iris still being planted by gardeners despite the damage those plants causing.

Believe it or not, I don't really have any bond to gardening. I'd even go as far as to say that I don't like gardening. It's funny to say on a gardening forum, but gardening is generally a term for a hobby that consists of maintaining plants (watering, fertilizing, trimming and pruning, etc.). I don't do anything with my plants once they're in the ground. They take care of themselves. What I do like is creating habitat. That’s what it’s all about. I relate it to gardening in hopes that those who consider themself gardeners will understand the importance of native plants and maybe they'll begin to transition away from non-native species and start giving native plants back to our landscapes. It's a transition that will probably take time. Too many people are unwilling to give up their non-natives, and too many garden centers are unwilling to stop selling them, but I have hopes that things will change.

Reaction score
I'm guessing they are all native plants ;) This nature's garden is really gorgeous, the place where you live has the most gorgeous native plants ever! So many beautiful blooms :love:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Found a bloom on my hike a few days ago. Wild Strawberry.
IMG_7145 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nature's garden is becoming more and more active again! On my hike today, I found white Blue-eyed Grass (Sisyrinchium campestre).
IMG_7385 copy.jpg

IMG_7388 copy.jpg

Really cool to see, because I have one of these in my own garden that I'm looking forward to see bloom. Sadly, most people would never even notice a flower this small.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
What kind of camera do you use? I'm a little bit of a shutterbug myself.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My hike today was loaded with wildflowers! I didn't expect to see so many blooming!

False Rue Anemone
IMG_7524 copy.jpg

Red Trillium
IMG_7527 copy.jpg

Wild Geranium
IMG_7532 copy.jpg

Jack-in-the-Pulpit
IMG_7535 copy.jpg

Blue Bells
IMG_7536 copy.jpg

Phlox
IMG_7538 copy.jpg