Nature's Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely shots JB! (y) They are pretty flowers and this is the time of year when they come into bloom to brighten autumn/fall days. :) They are of course Asters but known mainly by their common name Michaelmas Daisies here in Britain because they start to bloom around the time of the 'Feast of St. Michael' which occurs on 29th September.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...Q&dpr=0.95#tbm=isch&q=michaelmas+daisy+images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those are Asters, in the same family as daisies and sunflowers.
The first one is Smooth Blue Aster, I think. The second one with the thinner petals is New England Aster.
Thank you for answering my question:) It's very interesting. To be honest, I didn't know that daisies and sunflowers belong to the same family. They seem so different!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was hiking today and had to share some more of nature's garden with you all. There was so much color it was unbelievable!

IMG_4115 copy.jpg

IMG_4118 copy.jpg

IMG_4119 copy.jpg

IMG_4135 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love all those colors, they're beautiful!:) It's amazing how colorful and pretty flowers can be. I've caught a cold, so I have to sit at home, but looking at these pictures really makes me want to go for a walk!:)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Asters are absolutely everywhere now! I don't know if I've even seen so many Asters before. Many different kinds, too. I went out to a prairie pathway today and in some spots there were waves of purple Asters. I should've photographed them, but I did get some photos.

IMG_4190 copy.jpg

IMG_4197 copy.jpg

IMG_4200 copy.jpg

IMG_4209 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Asters are lovely plants. To be honest, I didn't know they come in so many colors! If I ever have my own garden, I'll definitely plant them in it:) The white ones are my favorite.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sometimes it's hard to realize that there are so many beautiful flowers out there in the wild. Your cameras put together an excellent collection. I think many people would easily mistake some of these for weeds due to the fact that they aren't sold in a garden center. Just looking at these photos reminds me of how nature operates, in her own way, to keep things really beautiful. I love sunflowers, so I'm really loving the one that almost passes for one.

Reaction score
You are such a good photographer! All your pictures are really amazing and we should really thank Mother Nature for all of this wonderful flowering plant creatures. Very lovely, colorful and full of life! Thanks for sharing to us all your great photography works!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Love your shots. Just beautiful. Sorry I missed your thread all this time. Makes me want to do some research to find what grows in your area. Your zone is a very hardy zone, the plants should do well here. (another project). Love the Asters.
I recall when I visited Oregon and then Washington State, the quiet drifts of color on the hills and mountains so beautiful what mother nature can do.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally love wildflowers! Every Memorial Day we country cruise and make wild flower bouquets for the graves we visit. I bind them with twine before placing them, and they turn out beautiful every year. The only cost is the gas and the twine and it's a great family activity at the same time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
All those flowers were so beautiful! I especially love the pink ones in the first picture.
Let's hope the snow will melt soon:)

Ask a Question