Favorite Comfort Food?

Reaction score
What's you're favorite food to eat on any occasion? It's been a while since I've had pizza but I really enjoy getting a good pizza hut pizza once and a while.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I likes a whole Key Lime Pie to myself, but they keep making me share it :(

Reaction score
Mashed potatoes...mmmm, that caught my eye. I came here to say Pot pies...chicken, beef, turkey...doesn't matter just gravy, veggies and a flakey crust. I want one now!

Reaction score
I find meat and potatoes comforting, like turkey and mashed potatoes, or meatloaf and scalloped potatoes. Meat and potatoes are like a warm blanket over your stomach, homey and comforting.

Reaction score
I love cheese pie (non baked one), I love sweet stuff in general... they make a great comfort food for me, but after I'm done eating I feel so guilty! Mostly because carbs and sugar is really bad for someone with my condition :(

Reaction score
Chicken and dumplings! Preferably made by my grandmother, but Cracker Barrel is a fair substitute.

Reaction score
This is going to sound really weird, but I love to eat raw tomatoes. They are my favorite. I also love baked macaroni and cheese from the oven.

Reaction score
Mashed potatoes are always a good choice but my own mac and cheese is probably my first choice. I can also get into Chinese food as a comfort, anything with shrimp in it and I'm good to go.

Reaction score
A good beef stew with potatoes and carrots. I live making this on a cold day and eating a nice hot bowl with some buttered bread or warm biscuits. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Reaction score
Cheesecake for sure! Seafood is my go to also. Key lime pies, pecan pies, and any Mexican dish are all welcome. lol

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a sweet tooth, when I need a little pick me up I go for the cookies and they have to be home made. I found a the directions to make peanut butter cookies using cake frosting, it was easy and delicous. I only have chocolate frosting right now, wonder how that will taste with some peanut butter mixed in.

Reaction score
For me its definitely red velvet cake with a scoop of dragon stout ice-cream on the side; and I so have a weakness for sweet-n-sour shrimp this a meal that i never get tired of having, i simply love it!

Reaction score
I have a bit of a sweet tooth and for me it's hard to pick just one comfort food! lol. I'd have to say hands down mine is definitely red velvet cake.

Ask a Question