Does anyone still use a push mower?

Jed

Reaction score
Thank you! I haven't noticed it, this review is great, it answers many of my questions:)
I would definitely go for electric power if I had a regular lawn to manage. The motors are quite powerful for the job. The rechargeable battery motors are also very powerful, as a DC (battery motor) is even stronger than an AC (house electricity motor) if that make sense.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I could never get away with one of those i would never get done .I did have a push mower with no motor in my first house as yard was small .I loved that thing .The noise of the blade spinning was neat

Reaction score
I could never get away with one of those i would never get done .I did have a push mower with no motor in my first house as yard was small .I loved that thing .The noise of the blade spinning was neat
I recall similar pleasure of hearing the spinning blades, sissy! An abandoned push mower that I found under my house now proves useful as a pretty lawn ornament.

Reaction score
I mowed for two years with a only push mower and I loved it. This last year I got a new gas mower to use as well. My main complaint with it was when I would hit into a patch of crab grass. It would stop me dead in my tracks often ramming the handle into my gut. The thing I loved about it the most was how quiet it was. I could listen to my music or just get lost in thought. My hubbster gets up for work at 4:30 am so after I helped him out the door I could get out and mow the lawn with out disturbing my neighbors. It was nice. As life got more busy I found it hard to keep up on my tiny 1/5th acre lawn. It takes twice as long to mow and I often needed to mow it again after a few days. Now I have a gas mower and a push mower and I use both. When it gets to long there is no comparison to the job that motor can do. I use less then 1 gallon of gas a year between using both of them and to be honest I use the gas mower a bit more. My push mower will last until my kids kids need to mow, the gas mower I dont think will last that long. Sometimes simplicity just makes more sense.

Reaction score
I have a push mower! I have a tiny lawn area and it takes only about 20 minutes to mow. I love using it. What takes time for me is any trimming around the beds, which I do on hands and knees with grass clippers. :)

Actually looking forward to mowing season once again, here in the dead of winter, LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I like the idea of a push mower, but when I saw this one today I thought it was a great idea, but I wasn't quite sure how practical it would be. For one thing, it takes up a lot more space. Still, it's a nifty idea!

423854_379072752110515_120085081342618_1450852_1164444071_n.jpg

Reaction score
That is so cool, but in my 50x50 yard, it wouldn't even be worth the exercise. I think I'd get more exercise getting it out of the garage and onto the lawn than I would actually mowing. Pretty cool idea though no-less.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That is so cool, but in my 50x50 yard, it wouldn't even be worth the exercise. I think I'd get more exercise getting it out of the garage and onto the lawn than I would actually mowing. Pretty cool idea though no-less.

ROFLOL! I don't even have a garage so that sums it all up. I barely have enough grass to use the regular push mower, but I wonder how easy (or difficult) it is to peddle and steer the bike mower. It's a novel and inventive idea if nothing else.

Jed

Reaction score
I like the idea of a push mower, but when I saw this one today I thought it was a great idea, but I wasn't quite sure how practical it would be. For one thing, it takes up a lot more space. Still, it's a nifty idea!

423854_379072752110515_120085081342618_1450852_1164444071_n.jpg
Cute but would it work? From my knowledge of angles of the dangles the mower should be further out in front. Great concept though. :)

Reaction score
That is very cool! It would work well if you had strong leg muscles and large areas to mow, I guess. For me, I have to work around in small spaces so it would likely not be maneuverable enough. I also agree the angle of the mower arms looks too vertical. I'd love to see one of these in action though!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Cute but would it work? From my knowledge of angles of the dangles the mower should be further out in front. Great concept though. :)

I doubt it would work for you unless the area you were planning on using it in was completely flat. What I think would be good is if it had a little motor that you charged by pedaling (I have a crank flashlight that works in a similar way). That way you could have your own ride on mower that you powered yourself.

Reaction score
We have been shoveling snow and dealing with ice here. I am so excited to cut that grass again. There is something so gratifying about it. It does take time but you get to see the fruit of your labor as soon as your done. Its animmediate reward type thing that raises your spirits! I am trying to enjoy each day we have but really I have spring fever so bad I can taste it. I can smell the fresh cut grass now..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
We have been shoveling snow and dealing with ice here. I am so excited to cut that grass again... I am trying to enjoy each day we have but really I have spring fever so bad I can taste it. I can smell the fresh cut grass now..

Good luck with the thaw! I hope you get to see some gree growth very soon! I can't imagine living somewhere that wasn't green all year 'round. That is one of the best things for me about being where I am.

Reaction score
It's funny..... I know "push mowers" as being ones that use gas anyway and use it to differentiate between riding mowers, ha.

So as for the old fashioned mowers that take no gas at all? Nope, I definitely don't have one. And I'm not sure I know anyone who does either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Yes, I still mow the lawn with a push mower. Due to the lay of our land, there isn't much to cut. Most of our acreage is wooded and hilly, so no need for much else.

Ask a Question