A

Advertising

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
I remember Love Lane - went there on son's graduation day!

Lovely area!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
Beautiful photos, Kent is such a lovely area :).

Those shots from the helicopter are brilliant @Tetters. Must be brilliant fun flying along the cliffs!

Reaction score
Country
gb
Yes it was! We flew right over home, and got a birds eye view of our camping site as well. It was a birthday treat for a mate of mine...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
Did they get a go at flying it too? That would be the icing on the cake!

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
What great photos! Kent looks like a beautiful place, and that helicopter ride looks like great fun! :D

Reaction score
Country
gb
We went up from Manston (which should still be an airport - proper) My mate could have taken the controls if she wanted to, and had that opportunity, but she decided she would rather just look at the view.
An expensive hobby, but definitely doable. I think you have to put in several hour flying if you want to obtain your licence ..

On a different birthday a few years ago we took the same mate to Lydd airport and went up in an eight seater plane....... it all happens in Kent. There is a ballooning place nearby too, as well as a glider club !:D

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
What a great experience! Sounds like it's a good place to live. I've never been ballooning but I'd love to give it a try one day.

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
That is so beautiful - the last photo in particular is stunning! Just looked it up and it sounds like an interesting place to visit :)

This was the site of one of the earliest Roman forts built against Saxon raids on the 'Saxon Shore'. It later became the site of an Anglo-Saxon monastery before becoming the parish church for Reculver. The tall towers were built in a remodelling of the church in the 12th century.

Much of the site has been lost to coastal erosion, but alongside the twin towers are the ruined remains of the early Roman fort.
Source: https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/reculver-towers-and-roman-fort/

A

Advertising

Ask a Question