Can you train sweet peas to go grow around a circle shape or do they only grow upwards

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-10a
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Madagascar jasmine which grew around a heart shaped wire, pic attached, I started alot of sweet peas this year I was going to bring a couple inside on the kitchen windowsill and would like to do that but will that work or will sweet pea only grow straight upwards on a bamboo or trellis?

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Very pretty!

Well to start with you're going to have a long length length of Sweet Pea to deal with as they grow 6ft and beyond!!
You will also have to watch it like a hawk once it gets growing ,in a confined space the tendrils will get very tangled up so it's best to position each tendril as soon as it develops to where you want to train it to go .

If it works well it would be good to see some pics please ...good luck!:)(y)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-10a
Country
United Kingdom
Very pretty!

Well to start with you're going to have a long length length of Sweet Pea to deal with as they grow 6ft and beyond!!
You will also have to watch it like a hawk once it gets growing ,in a confined space the tendrils will get very tangled up so it's best to position each tendril as soon as it develops to where you want to train it to go .

If it works well it would be good to see some pics please ...good luck!:)(y)

Thanks, I certainly will hopefully it works :)

Ask a Question