Animals in your garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's very hard to get pictures of Swallows as they are very quick and almost permanently flying. There was a group of adults and youngsters sitting on an overhead cable so I managed to get these shots. They catch and eat there food in flight and can also sleep whilst flying.

037 Swallow.JPG

This young one wasn't sure whether to scratch or shout for it's parents. :)
038 Young Swallow.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How did I miss this, @Fernsdaddy, how cool you were able to get that on video. I get hummingbirds here too, they like the petunias and the hosta flowers.

@JeffNev, if you have foxes you have what foxes eat, too. ;) And you have the lovely coastline and fun resort!

Hi Beth

Please excuse the late response, I have been away on holiday in sunny Sicily for the last couple of weeks. I am not sure that I would count the contents of my bin as wildlife. ;) Yes, you are indeed correct about Brighton; the coastline along to the east is stunning and I am already thinking about a brisk walk along Beachy Head this weekend if the weather holds up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Where I live right now I can't say that I've seen any animals in my yard - save for the odd bug or two! But because I'm in a relatively built up area I don't think the likelihood of any exciting animals creeping into my yard is high.

There are a number of interesting animals unique to Japan though that might be found in more rural areas - one of which is the Tanuki!

20070507_360815.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Where I live right now I can't say that I've seen any animals in my yard - save for the odd bug or two! But because I'm in a relatively built up area I don't think the likelihood of any exciting animals creeping into my yard is high.

There are a number of interesting animals unique to Japan though that might be found in more rural areas - one of which is the Tanuki!

20070507_360815.jpg
Very cute little animal and interesting to see something so unique. :love:

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Mother nature at work here it is just so nice to witness nature at its own pace and natural beauty. I guess this goes to show how we wealthy we are in our naturally gifted areas for farming. Animals are a common site in farms and even forests because they live there.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Found a Woolly Bear caterpillar in my native garden. I see these a lot when out camping but never in my own yard!
IMG_4230 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thank you for the like sheal. And as for caterpillar, I guess it is poisonous because if the animal or insect for this matter is colorful or display many colors, then it follows that it is poisonous to a certain level and that is how certain animals protect themselves in the wild.

Ask a Question