Animals in your garden

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have goats and cows in my compound. I also have two dogs that scare away thieves. I also have a 6 doves and 1 parrot. I am planning to buy rabbits later this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
D
I have goats and cows in my compound. I also have two dogs that scare away thieves. I also have a 6 doves and 1 parrot. I am planning to buy rabbits later this year.
Do you milk the cows and goats Sixxup? My sister in law used to milk her goat and the milk is meant to be good for you. I love goats milk cheese.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Wow what interesting pictures and animals you get in your garden! :D Im in the UK so not that many other than the usual sparrows and blackbirds, some chaffinches and blue tits. But had a show pigeon fly into our garden many years ago, once a peacock, and a seagull! Quite alot of butterflys and frogs though :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
At the request of @Rosyrain, this sticky thread is a place to share pictures of animals that you find in your garden. With members from all over the globe, I'm sure we'll all learn something :).
I am having trouble uploading some pictures, but just imagine many rabbits, baby bunnies and their entire Bunny Relatives invading our gardens this year...they are cute, but pushing down the chicken wire fences and eating our Kale!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Its taken me all most all summer but I got a video of my little Broad - billed green Hummer. the video is a bit shaky but its some thing I have to live with. enjoy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the photos here are incredible! I live in Brighton in the UK and the only animal that seems to visit me is a fox!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Its taken me all most all summer but I got a video of my little Broad - billed green Hummer. the video is a bit shaky but its some thing I have to live with. enjoy

How did I miss this, @Fernsdaddy, how cool you were able to get that on video. I get hummingbirds here too, they like the petunias and the hosta flowers.

@JeffNev, if you have foxes you have what foxes eat, too. ;) And you have the lovely coastline and fun resort!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
download (1).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
And I think you are right--the pond was the attraction. We occasionally have had Great Blue Herons walking around the pasture, but mostly they are here to wade in the pond and eat fish.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Sweet looking and all but yet another of my corn thieves. I love squirrels to bits but I hate their love for my garden. They are wasteful too, only eat a few rows of corn before moving on to another. Pesky darlings!:sneaky:

Attachments

• images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 326
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Our garden looks like a plant prison because of these constant visitors. Sturdy chicken wire cages are the only way we can confidently protect the plants.
IMG_20150714_195412.jpg
The deer happily eat anything, (everything), and the hens' scratching will uproot anything smaller than a young tree!
DSCF8301.jpg

Ask a Question