5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all it getting nippy out there, pitch were freezing while at football . I couldn't butcher / kill any animal :( I feel a bit guilty quashing the slugs what terrorises my plants.

It said in paper the other day house prices have risen 11.5% this year 5th in the country (n) no wonder they are trying to build houses everywhere.

Yes, but those houses are tiny, small rooms which house a bed and a bit for you to walk. Toilet so small that when you open the door, your clothes help clean the loo. No garden to speak of. When I watched the house built with £100K, I was so inspired. But normally, those people were builders or joiners and had connection. The trauma and stress were unbearable. Every bit of land has been sold off for house built. Saw a bungalow with 100 foot garden and then some. Rooms are small again. I hope I get a firm offer tomorrow or else I'm back to square one! And I want to cry.

Looking at the weather chart, I want to cry again. I'm supposed to whizz around in Essex until 4pm. Rain and cold winds seem to be tagging us tomorrow. Must be very cold Zenj 's way.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i'm cold during the day,:eek: but now feel warmer thanks.Going to have freezing rain tomorrow. Was going to keiths tomorrow, but not if it's like that, be bad enough trying to walk the boys.:eek: Got some good shoes though and i hope they'll be good. I've been wearing my thermal leggings all day, even in the house.:eek:

M&S woollen socks are really good. Bought them in boot sales nearly 6 years ago and now they have holes, but still very good. Makes a lot of difference. Used some more fleeces to cover my salvias. Think Zenj's area will be covered with snow tomorrow. Bet Alberta is covered with it already. Now where is that video @johnny canoe has promised us!? :LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I should of clarified that the house prices rises were for my area.

I work for a nice lady who had her house up for sale she sold it within a few days, that were way back in April and she only just moving out now because she couldn't find a house, the buyers seemed to understand so you could do the same Alp, you don't want to rush into buying a house for the sake of it you may regret it

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I should of clarified that the house prices rises were for my area.

I work for a nice lady who had her house up for sale she sold it within a few days, that were way back in April and she only just moving out now because she couldn't find a house, the buyers seemed to understand so you could do the same Alp, you don't want to rush into buying a house for the sake of it you may regret it

I hope you can still work for her. Some employers are really nice and they are hard to find. I don't enjoy living here any more for a lot of reasons. Life is too short to be lived like this. House prices are slumming are a while now, but still there is a bottom line. Wish I could move to Canvey Island where I can get a detached house for much less money, but the thought of being flood is no laughing matter.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all. A quiet start now, but supposed to be raining heavily after 3 or 4pm.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning alp, here it should be raining at 9am. Maybe some sleet or frozen rain.:eek::eek:
The prices of houses will come down a lot more after next march.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning alp, here it should be raining at 9am. Maybe some sleet or frozen rain.:eek::eek:
The prices of houses will come down a lot more after next march.

Let me introduce to you, Clairvoyante Logan! LOL!

The way the inepts and egso run the country, it's hard to say no to that! Thank heavens the German haven't adopted English as their official language!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Let me introduce to you, Clairvoyante Logan! LOL!

The way the inepts and egso run the country, it's hard to say no to that! Thank heavens the German haven't adopted English as their official language!
:D
Yes i can tell the future.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tell me my future please!

Been out since 9am and came back 3.30pm. Seen about 7 or 8 houses. The best one is in Benfleet, but it's MILES away! Everything was great. Big garden, nice quiet road but walking distance to the town centre. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Some needs a lot of work and the worst is the last one. Couldn't park our car and one of the kids' room spewed out strange air. The owner was very aggressive asking me to explain what air I was talking about. The front door was damaged and the inner door frame exposed the bricks and gaps underneath.

I felt very sick on walking into houses with dogs. The lady was beautiful, slim and elegant, but the lovely dogs just fouled the whole downstairs. Came home to see the offer and it said 277 instead 377. I wanted to have £377,995 and he whittled me down AGAIN! £377,000. Whilst looking at the front yard of a diseased owner, I looked at the flowers and my eyes nearly welled up with tears. She had variegated euphorbia, penstemon, lavender, rosemary, .. I wish I could talk to her and share our joy ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, your dogs will be walked tomorrow and it will be cold! How about Clairvoyante alp's prediction!?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Been out since 9am and came back 3.30pm. Seen about 7 or 8 houses. The best one is in Benfleet, but it's MILES away! Everything was great. Big garden, nice quiet road but walking distance to the town centre. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
That's the best one, i don't think that you'll be able to get everything that you want.
, nice quiet road but walking distance to the town centre. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
That's ok then, if it's walking distance to the town centre?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have decided on one with 6 minutes of walking distance to the town centre. I'm still waiting for the £999 to come home.

Going to watch Strictly come Rubbing!:eek::LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it didn't snow it lashed it down instead, bloody cold rain as well :cold:. I can't make my mind up if I am happy it didn't snow or disappointed :confused:. Won £40 on my football coupen might brave the weather to collect my winning (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question