5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all I believe it’s going to get a lot colder from the weekend ,We are heading to Berlin on Saturday with my wife’s sister and husband see the sites and Xmas markets for 5 days .

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Zenj have a good weekend in Berlin. Take some warm coats, you might need it over there.:)

@alp good luck with the house hunting.:)
Sister in law came up from Devon yesterday for a few hours.
When she moved down there, she said that they wouldn't get snow down there and that it was warmer. We both laughed last year when she did get snow.

Just housework today and hubby said that he's running out of shirts. I suppose i'll have to iron some.:LOL::D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all I believe it’s going to get a lot colder from the weekend ,We are heading to Berlin on Saturday with my wife’s sister and husband see the sites and Xmas markets for 5 days .

I'm drooling with envy! Zenj - you're so cosmopolitan :D - Berlin, Sweden, Crete, Yorkshire ... but I love Yorkshire and Newcastle most;)!

The only place I have been in Germany was in a boat trip and the bus took us round and round Hamburg to see our the "posh" houses. It's a glorious day here in Essex. Have a good time ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, yes, a scarf, a hat and thick woollen socks are a must - Nothing spoils a bit like having cold weather.

Yes, we're in for a cold spell. My rubber plant is still outside with my spider plant. I have I might have a death wish. But they are in a sun-trap and the rubbish plant still shows off red and green leaves. Glorious. The oven is in full blast! Need some rosemary to perfume the house.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Zenj have a good weekend in Berlin. Take some warm coats, you might need it over there.:)

@alp good luck with the house hunting.:)
Sister in law came up from Devon yesterday for a few hours.
When she moved down there, she said that they wouldn't get snow down there and that it was warmer. We both laughed last year when she did get snow.

Just housework today and hubby said that he's running out of shirts. I suppose i'll have to iron some.:LOL::D

That's very rare, but Devon was snowed down last year. One in a blue moon is worth it. Have to say Devon and Cornwall are really lovely holiday destination. We are all flat here in Essex.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The furthest I've been is Berick upon Tweed, 8 hours on the train
Been to Weston super mare and Barry Island.:)

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all , you get around zenji :).
It getting cold at there now , I had my long johns today the wind/breeze cuts right through my pants, Snow forecast for Saturday hope it doesn't squash my wallflowers.
Did a bit of tidying up yesterday around the garden moving pots - cutting the ivy back - cut the raspberries to the ground and pruned the climbing rose paul scarlet on the fence. Wood chipping today piles of the stuff

upload_2018-12-13_15-53-3.png

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What sort of plant is that?:LOL::D

26d32cce38954fce19382b92f4158deb--peperomia-indoor-gardening.jpg

Mine is as healthy as this. Still out there. Too dark to take a pic so I copied and pasted. Will take a pic later. I have now wrapped it up with a fleece. Underneath this is some spider plant. Will take some photos tomorrow.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Surprised that you've got the cold snap already, @Perki ! I'm still in this morning's pjs. It's been sunny so that is toasty in this living room. Son got his first wage packet. Very mean with all the nasty deduction, not to mention the unsocial hours.

I have more or less returned the hellebores to the field, albeit in pots and trays.

Just now I have had an email form Yorkshireman -isp provider, saying that instead of the usual £11, £22.99 will be taken out of my DD. I was so annoyed. Phoned up and one man said that he could put me on a 24-month contract charging £11 if I removed my phone call plan. Another told me that they were authorised by OFcome not to notify us in advance just in case we want to leave. So suddenly,£11 becomes £22.99. Then he said that I couldn't leave as I had already paid line rental until mid June. If I left, I would be penalised. I then read the 24 month's plan which also said that I would be penalised after the initial 14 days cooling period. Why can they align the rental end date with their broadband and call plan end dates. This is like perpetually locking me in. Tried to email the ceo.They wouldn't let me do it. Another venue of complaint is shut, all in order to make us compliant! :devil:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Surprised that you've got the cold snap already, @Perki ! I'm still in this morning's pjs. It's been sunny so that is toasty in this living room. Son got his first wage packet. Very mean with all the nasty deduction, not to mention the unsocial hours. Any way, I'm so glad that he's earning his own dough. Now he realises why it's better to teach music at home, rather than standing on his two feet for 7 hours and having his delicate fingers cut by papers.

I have more or less returned the hellebores to the field, albeit in pots and trays.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gardens are so small in these houses. I am so frustrated. Lot of lovely skylights in one new house and yet, the gardens are tiny. Not only that, kitchens are like 10 x 8 and they use a panoramic camera to film it, making it look like 16 x 12! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - strangely enough - no condensation in the lean to and it's supposed to be very cold. Need to look at a bungalow with a huge piece of land nearby.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning alp, it's cold here with a lot of condensation on windows.
I hope you get your dream garden, but remember we are not getting any younger.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question