5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some trailing petunia seeds from dobies late jan red and silver , the red ones come in a plastic tube and the silver ones in a foil bag / rapper , all the silver ones were crushed but for 2-3 I've been waiting for free P+P to get some more but now there out of stock :(

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, they are very expensive. But I buy some and sell some. That's the only way I can enjoy my gardening. This man's friend asked me why people liked snowdrops and I should really have asked him why he liked fuchsias. Hard to explain.

Tropaeolum Speciosum is lovely, with berries and beautiful flowers. I must start sowing my seeds. I might not even sell the house. I have undermarketed the price. £425K should be more to the mark. Very happy as I can potter in the garden in peace .. and a bit of reasonable air. Tomorrow, I must sow some salad leaves, salvias. Fortunately, some salvias cuttings are still alive - amistad, Joy and night moth .. All alive. Sooooooo happy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some trailing petunia seeds from dobies late jan red and silver , the red ones come in a plastic tube and the silver ones in a foil bag / rapper , all the silver ones were crushed but for 2-3 I've been waiting for free P+P to get some more but now there out of stock :(

Oh, dear! I was so tempted to see the healthy and tiny young plants in Summerhill, Thurrock and they were really bargains. Like 8 for £8.99. The only one I want is some Calibrachoas. My petunia was still intact in my hanging basket. Should have started lobelias in January. Too much to do! Don't you have nurseries like these, Perki? 2 more viewings on Friday. Son is scraping all the gloss paint off some skirting board. He's such a good boy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can buy young plants but growing from seed is so much cheaper and more rewarding. I've already got 61trailing petunia seedling in set colours cost a fortune to buy that many in different set colours, and I make the odd basket up for people cuts the cost and gives me more plant money

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up very early. 4.38 to be exact. Too much to do. Definitely will sow some salad leaves.

Watched James Martin's Great British Adventure on ITV hub catchup and I really would like to try some of his seafood dishes. Also watched Grand Design and it was fabulous. Just too much content on cladding, not new technology. Wonder how good pure wool is for insulation.

Going to clear out some more in the whole house.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It was very sunny but when out weeding, it was so windy and so chilly. There is a chill in the air and the wind just blew my pots all over the floor.

Finally, seeded some salad leaves x3 trays. Got a replacement for my galanthus and the owner this time wrote down Live Plants. This one has two seed pods. Very pleased. Possibly more seeds for the future. Expensive, you bet!

My 4th camellia - a plant I bought long time ago

My first 2 iris buds

Seeds from RHS

Going to sow them tomorrow. From seeds is certainly cheaper and satisfying. My Thralictrum is still going. I hope it will survive. It has about 6 leaves.

Let's hope the iris is not Indian Chief AGAIN! The weather has been very squally and now it's raining. Not heavy, but steady!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's so windy that I can't imagine what it is like up north

3rd time lucky! Somewhere in London!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was windy this morning went back to bed weather been rotten today . Sowed more seeds Echium wildpretii - morina longifloia - French marigold and cleome , pricked out and potted on 84 antrirrhiniums and 36 busy lizzie got some more to do but it were pretty chilly in the gh today .

Iris buds already very early don't you think ? Not heard of the chilean bambo before looks a big beast hope its not a invasive variety they are hard to get rid of. Stipa Gigantea nice pick . Chimonanthus Praecox which I've considered in the past I believe it can take a few years to get to flowering stage , not sure how long seed grown will take to flower

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
84 antirrhinums?? I wasn't thinking of sowing any seeds. Doesn't look nice when people come viewing. Might do more after the car salesman's viewing.

Stipa gigantea seeds always give me heart attack. I sold some bought from Chi* seeds and sowed some and found out that nothing came out of them. Straight away I removed the seed sale (seeds collected in some gardens). I basically want to see if these seeds from RHS is viable. Gee, the choice of seeds is very limited in RHS and I ended up having TONS of digitalis seeds :eek:!

I love Chusquea Culeo and I thought I had the plant - I bought it from RHS Wisley Garden, but the man coming to swap my plant with his black raspberry said I didn't have it. Any way, he got away with a with Asian Wonder which I should have charged a bit more.

A most beautitful bamboo, but they are soo slooow growing. Culeo is a clumpster.

But I like the Fargesia Scrabida (Asian Wonder) most! Very burnished handsome stem. Much better looking than the dull Fargesia Jiuzhaigou! Off to bed now. Difficult to copy an image using son's laptop. Good night, everyone! Might the winds die down. Enough howling for one day!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Was very busy yesterday. Saw another bungalow with a 35 x 35 foot garden. Even my lawn is bigger than that. I am already mourning for the loss of my garden. I just don't want to move any more. If the latest viewer does not pay £410k, I will stay put. The prospect of pay £4k to an estate agent which belittles my property irks me no ends.

Enjoyed enormously yesterday's Gardeners' World. The man with a tropical feel garden is amazing. How exotic the plants are and it is amazing how he can grow so many warm weather plants. He's right! Flamboyance is the word!

I must sow my Gloriosa seeds today. Might be a bit late. I had 2 candles on in my lean to to warm my babies. Presents from ex who's coming to visit today.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My first pelargonium

A new double galanthus

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What a bright morning. Yesterday, it was atrociously windy. It stopped raining about an hour ago and it is now so bright and azure sky is showing.

Sown Rocket, salad leaves, Stipa gigantea, Echinacea Green Twister, Chuquea Culeo. Going for some lobelias. Might be a bit late. Going to take cuttings from my surfinia petunias from last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question