3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You can laugh @BigC......beer, beer!!! I'll happily settle for a good old pint of ....WATER!!!;)

Sounds like you're having a great Father's Day....enjoy!:)

You have some fab looking plants there. :)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous pics @alp :)

Have you had any more rain?
We had about 2 drops that dried instantly as they hit the patio slabs.......at least the forecast was right.....light rain!!:LOL:

Same here! Wet the ground and that's it. I spent the whole afternoon chopping off the iris blades. I know I should have left them till later, but I knew if I didn't do it, I wouldn't be able to see the ground and I needed to plant out the dahlias to declutter the lean-to, if there were such a thing!

In the end, planted out 6 pots and add a bit of BigC's grandpa's favorite SS deterrent and I can sleep well tonight, knowing full well tomorrow the SS won't flatten themselves at my expense! Been working solid for nearly 4 hours. Such lovely weather for a bit of gardening - broke no sweat!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Back now ..beer in hand World Cup on telly. I got £20 B&Q voucher from daughter for Fathers Day so what I bought didn't cost me owt.
I bought an Astible 'Sister Theresa'...another Heuchera and a nice Campanulla begins with "P" small light blue flower (I'll get it later)..I also got a couple of pots. Plants were 3 for £15 all large and in healthy condition. I still need a Juniperus squamata...some ornamental grasses and a fern perhaps....maybe a few alpines or Sedums...:LOL::LOL:Spend Spend Spend .........where's the brakes :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 38817

Now I wish I had a daughter and it's Mother's Day tomorrow! :banghead::LOL:

And I need to do business with @BigC !

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC yes some good plants.:)

@alp you've got some good plants as well.:)

We've had a bit of drizzle and that's it.:cry::cry:

I thought you would have more than that, Logan! But at least, you don't have my heat which takes away the moisture from all my soil. I might need to water everything on Wednesday and cover them with whatever compost I can get hold of to suppress the evaporation. The heat is just moisture sucking!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
No @alp it's fath
I thought you would have more than that, Logan! But at least, you don't have my heat which takes away the moisture from all my soil. I might need to water everything on Wednesday and cover them with whatever compost I can get hold of to suppress the evaporation. The heat is just moisture sucking!
Good idea. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone has lovely plants that make others envious and want to maybe include them in their own schemes. I am no different..Its the only way to see and perhaps learn of their husbandry by looking in on forums such as this..Great Plants indeed from everyone and your efforts are truly rewarded. My favourite theme would be like the Yorkshire Garden at this years Chelsea show..I love that look....I simply cant wait until the fruit bushes (Red Berry especially) produce this year..I got wiped out last year with Sawfly larvae..this time I sprayed my precious plants and they look clean.

Hopefully the crop will be as good as the 2016 vintage below

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

P.S. Its Raining :LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC is rubbing our wounds ... Don't be too smug! I'm not here on Wednesday! 27c :eek::cry:

Yes, love the Yorkshire ensemble! Chris Beardshaw is a nice man who has contributed such a lot to the recycling of the exhibits, but that design didn't work for me!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! Lovely harvest! I can do with some of those blueberries! I love courgettes! But this year, the freaking weather has ruined everything for me, not to mention the SS that pounced on my seedlings the first few days they were out!:banghead:

How much blueberry plants have you got, @DirtMechanic ? Very good for you and your beloved SO!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Bigc try a winter wash on your currants and gooseberries, with jays fluid.flui stops the sawfly larvae.
You'll have to explain exactly how to do this and in what dilution....
If you've got a big barrel to fill then contact The Smugmeister you'll find him in the garden dancin in his wellies ...splish splash...(sorry just my wicked sense of humour) :devil:...its still raining :whistle:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You'll have to explain exactly how to do this and in what dilution....
If you've got a big barrel to fill then contact The Smugmeister you'll find him in the garden dancin in his wellies ...splish splash...(sorry just my wicked sense of humour) :devil:...its still raining :whistle:
:smug::stop:

There's one near the emojis which I can't use! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Click here to see video

Son had the camcorder on tripod and the viewing should be very steady. Sorry, it's my 2nd obsession, AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question