3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning all...Fresh, Damp, with bursts of sunshine........I'll take that...just PERFECT lol

"I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime"

Good haul BigC, the waterfall looks realistic. Looks like another project on the go, keep you busy, until the next project ;).
I'm running out of exterior projects @Perki...:LOL: well one's within my budget and space anyway..I started making a black pebble Rain-Chain last year maybe I'll finish that seeing as we are getting copious amounts of the stuff this week no need for rain collecting receptacles here:whistle:
Well today I have a problem...how to get my Geisha back onto her plinth across the pond with no access I have to shimmy her unceremoniously across a scaffold plank and into position I guess but need an extra pair of hands so whoever turns up at their parents house first on Fathers Day (bearing gifts) will be employed forthwith. But first I have to get "The Beast" out (Angle Grinder) to cut a slab or two...wish me luck :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!.....@alp did I read that right....you've had RAIN!!!!!:D

No sign of any here, no water in any of the butts now so having to connect to the mains. We are suppose to have ' light' rain today...mmmm how light?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy - jinxed it and it has now stopped but the rain covered the ground. Not even half a cm in the butts and comes Wednesday 27c, my plants will be crying wah, wah, wah! :cry::cry::cry:

The worst comes to the worst, I will use metered water as it is crucial now to give them a helping hand!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
as we are getting copious amounts of the stuff this week no need for rain collecting receptacles here:whistle:

Soooo smuuuuug! Mind you, I don't envy the incessant rain! My garden is now being littered with all forms of receptacles - pots, trays, but alas, not even 1 cm of rain water in them.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I wish my son had BigC's skill sets. He's now cooking bacon! How I love bacon!

Ah, BigC Black alder can get very big, so best put it in a pot to confine its growth. A very pretty plant! When you are out, look out for penstemons as they have long flowering period and is a real asset to a garden. Sour grapes and Mother of Pearl are gorgeous. They have upright habits, very tidy plants with long flowering periods.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The worst comes to the worst, I will use metered water as it is crucial now to give them a helping hand!
Oh Ohhhhh...Drastic measures and contingency plans whipped into action...another charge we dont have over here so on the odd occasion it becomes too arid then out comes the "X-Hose" :sneaky:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
6A9964DA-1FF9-4DED-99B4-590EDB00EF99.jpeg
56818F22-8EF8-46D1-BC8B-9D59A25BEF0A.jpeg
Morning all overcast here just dribbles of rain here we have had very little I have never seen as many birds visiting the garden loads of sparrows including baby’s which have been missing for a couple of years nice to have them back ,here’s a couple from this morning.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, yes! Baby birds feeding frenzy! I have never seen so many pairs feeding! Just given my son a shout to put some more fat balls into an empty feeder! What is that green bird? So lovely! Looks like a baby. Son come in just now to tell me, "Mum, mum, suddenly all the fat balls disappeared!" I thought it was the reduced tub of fat balls from Wilko stolen. Then he added from the feeders. Now he has just gone to replenish the feeders. Just tell you how important this time is for the birds. As the weather warms up, hopefully, they can feed on caterpillars as well.

Those are lovely close ups. I don't think I can come this close. Lucky you, Zenj! Now I want to go to the park to take some pics of the ducklings I saw last year. Miss them loads!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a Goldfinch on the rear peg and a Greenfinch to the fore...I think lol
Off to the GC again ...the same one as yesterday, I seen a few things and its playing on my mind..so off down the road again then home fo some planting...I managed to get the pond back in some kind or order but its pretty stark and need planting around its edges..Grasses and Ferns I think :rolleyes:...Gotta stop spending money ...seriously.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Back now ..beer in hand World Cup on telly. I got £20 B&Q voucher from daughter for Fathers Day so what I bought didn't cost me owt.
I bought an Astible 'Sister Theresa'...another Heuchera and a nice Campanulla begins with "P" small light blue flower (I'll get it later)..I also got a couple of pots. Plants were 3 for £15 all large and in healthy condition. I still need a Juniperus squamata...some ornamental grasses and a fern perhaps....maybe a few alpines or Sedums...:LOL::LOL:Spend Spend Spend .........where's the brakes :ROFLMAO:

pond edge.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gotta stop spending money ...seriously.....
Quite unlikely if you're going down to the GC! :banghead: I know how you feel!

The only begonia left from last year. The orange and red ones both died on me!:banghead::cry:
SAM_0567.JPG
SAM_0568.JPG

My alstroemeria has become much darker in colour in my border. I have split it into two. Both are very happy!

SAM_0569.JPG

SAM_0578.JPG

Fuchsia time
SAM_0570.JPG
SAM_0571.JPG
SAM_0572.JPG

Only one Loganberry or Tayberry. And its' all mine!
SAM_0573.JPG

I do like a bit of skirt peeping! Love the marking of this 20p foxglove!
SAM_0574.JPG
SAM_0575.JPG

SAM_0576.JPG

Is it a Jackmanii??

A lovely jasmine from the nasty neighbour. I have tried to take many cuttings and one is dying from heat. I will take them again. The fragrance is out of this world!
SAM_0577.JPG

Hydrangea - last year's bargain
SAM_0580.JPG

AGM Madame Julie Correvon - a fantastic asset to any garden - smothered with blooms and reblooming!
SAM_0581.JPG
SAM_0582.JPG

A wonderfully edged begonia
SAM_0583.JPG
SAM_0584.JPG

My own potentilla

SAM_0585.JPG
SAM_0587.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0579.JPG
    SAM_0579.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 133
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous pics @alp :)

Have you had any more rain?
We had about 2 drops that dried instantly as they hit the patio slabs.......at least the forecast was right.....light rain!!:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question