3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I need to stabilise my version of a Japanese pergola and fit new slate etc..going to GC to look for a waterfall feature that suits and fits in to the surroundings (and it dont look out of place (Pachysandra would help soften the harsh lines thanks again @Perki )

fin1.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had some plants delivered today :) my clematis arrived ( Betty cornering - Walenburg - Picotee seedling ) and a few plants from secret garden club monarda scorpion cause mine don't look to be up to much, Acontium stainless steel and a lewisa for the greenhouse. Just been out and picked some strawberries and put the cardboard in the compost bin. I put nearly all the dahlia outside so they get a good watering from tomorrow rain forecast. Hopefully get them plant this Sunday.

Returned from the GC disappointed, want some plants for my summer planting scheme in the large pots / barrels but nothing I fancied.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Betty Cornering is pretty, @Perki ! I have picked strawberries for 2 days running, but they were small as I there has been very little rain.
So have I @alp............1 every day:D:ROFLMAO: chopped them in half to share with hubs!!!!:D:ROFLMAO:

It's quality not quantity......that's what I'm telling myself.

To make matters worse the first of my two strawberries had already been nibbled at, so we didn't actually get half each......but it was very tasty!!:):)

First time I've attempted to grow them.....so I am proud of my 1and 3/4 fruits:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you're going to share it with your son @alp:D:ROFLMAO:

I did but he pulled a grimace. Actually, he only started thinking strawberries were edible after he had been to uni. Before he wouldn't touch them.

Good morning to all. Got up a bit early thinking it was 6am. It's so dark outside, but no rain!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning @Logan and all...Raining "Cats n Dogs" here as I got the lawn cut late last night and sprinkled some feed over it ....so it's very welcome.
Off to GC's this morning its raining so hopefully it wont be as crowded, we have some free meal tickets to use up so thats handy.:whistle:

Pass the cream please
20180522_140704.jpg

I'm also on the lookout for this plant for the greenhouse..I gifted my aunt whilst we were in Australia...
RHOEO
rhoeo.jpg

Have a great day folks!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just woken up again, so goooood morning to all!

Just used the 3rd last butt and emptied a packet of soluble MiraceGro into it. After 10 watering cans later, the sun shone like crazy .. I want some of those cats and dogs too, @Upsy Daisy !:cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question