3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You'll have to explain exactly how to do this and in what dilution....
If you've got a big barrel to fill then contact The Smugmeister you'll find him in the garden dancin in his wellies ...splish splash...(sorry just my wicked sense of humour) ...its still raining :whistle:

Don't know what made me 'like ' your post......... you:devil:!!!
:D:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wow! Lovely harvest! I can do with some of those blueberries! I love courgettes! But this year, the freaking weather has ruined everything for me, not to mention the SS that pounced on my seedlings the first few days they were out!:banghead:

How much blueberry plants have you got, @DirtMechanic ? Very good for you and your beloved SO!
They are bushy and hard to tell anymore. 15 at least maybe 20..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
From earlier
Campanula portenschlagiana

Hahaha thanks @alp and @Upsy Daisy your humour rating has just gone up a notch
Yes I fear the Emoji choice is a little limited.lol
10389432-emoticon-holding-an-umbrella.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
You'll have to explain exactly how to do this and in what dilution....
You have to do it in January, follow the instructions on the bottle and drench the soil around the plants, before they start growing or it will burn the young shoots.They start in the soil and climb up the plants. Also hoeing around the plants during the growing season helps.:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to the garden centre this morning looks for plants on my list, saw salvia black and blue in the reduced section :) picked it up dead as a door nail (n) had other plants on my list but didn't find any. I did pick some begonia non stop for somebody else which is usually the case when I go to the GC. I always seem to have to order online when I want a plant.

Manged to get the majority of my dahlias in their pots before the rain set in, feed and watered tomatoes / daffs for next year agapanthus etc.

Give the grape vine another prune, turn your back on it and its grows like mad, feel guilty chopping off all that healthy growth but I won't be able to get in the GH otherwise, and it will shade out the grapes ripening.

Potted on some lychnis chalcedonica and some night scented phlox.

Checked on dahlia cuttings I've took for someone else, half of the leaves had been munched, a caterpillar had manged to commander my propagator, were going to feed it to the sparrows but chucked it in some Johnson blue geraniums and told it to eat them instead. Got the bigger propagator out while I was at it, sow some more night stocks and canery creeper.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
DM: You should weigh your blueberries, like Logan weighed her rhubarbs and we can pick out a winner!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I had a salvia Black and Blue, but the snow might have had it. I will look again tomorrow. The Amistad has come back with quite a few leaves. I still think amistad is prettier than black and blue or the Wishes series. I think My Wendy's wishes had died. Love and Wishes is still very happy and is now on a border. I will take cuttings before autumn!

Love that lychnis chalcedonica. I think I bought seeds from China, but no idea where it has gone. This year, I failed my first and 2nd batches of petunia pirouettes. I don't think I will sow any more seeds. Might pick up some if they are 50p in diy stores. I saw a jet black petunia in full bloom in Plants World in Wickford! The place is not chic, but I do love the plants they have there. I bought my Viburnum P Mariesii there. So tempted by an olive which could be turned into a standard. It was priced £7.99. Not a bad price at all. But I am worried that the heat might kill all my plants in pots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question