Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello alp,
Well I removed the old mulch last week, that was a mistake. Next day a lot of pain. But I really was careful the rest of the week and I feel real good this morning, I may get back on my bike for morning rides to the river. Anyways I picked up the perennials from the nursery the other day and this morning I will be digging holes and planting. If I feel pain, I stop.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Alp, the aquilegias grow anywhere, I've got them growing in between the patio slabs and the wild foxgloves.

Lovely flowers and the alliums are great.

@johnny canoe glad that you're feeling a bit better, just take it easy.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
This afternoon went with hubby to see the consultant about his hurnia. He said because it wasn't causing any pain or discomfort and that it was small they won't operate. Having the op may cause a lot of pain, so why do it. He said that just carry on as normal and he can still lift things. He said if anything is going to happen it will no matter what hubby does. They use mesh to mend it with but they've always used it and it's not the same for prolapses in women.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello alp,
Well I removed the old mulch last week, that was a mistake. Next day a lot of pain. But I really was careful the rest of the week and I feel real good this morning, I may get back on my bike for morning rides to the river. Anyways I picked up the perennials from the nursery the other day and this morning I will be digging holes and planting. If I feel pain, I stop.

mmmm... Johnny: Be VERY careful when you go on a bike please! Yes, please stop when you feel the pain. I feel a bit apprehensive for you as two accidents in a row is a not a good sign. Take it easy, Johnny please!

Logan: Hope your hubby gets well soon! At the last count, I have 5 aquilegias coming out of nowhere, but the doubles I bought last year have been shy or died!:cry:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Logan: Hope your hubby gets well soon! At the last count, I have 5 aquilegias coming out of nowhere, but the doubles I bought last year have been shy or died!:cry:
Thanks, but it won't get better.I think that your doubles have died, but it's unusual for aquilegia.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's the hazard of buying reduced plants. My Gold crest digitalis is very happy, but the snow fox ? a very beautiful white one is dead as dodo! :cry::cry::cry:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the 2 rhododendrons
IMG_20180509_075151~01.jpg

IMG_20180509_075215.jpg

Some Welsh poppies
IMG_20180509_075404~01.jpg

Polyanthus
IMG_20180509_075705~01~01.jpg

And some gooseberries going to have a good crop this year
IMG_20180509_075642.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bought them last year, but this year, all I have is singles. Pink, blue, just like yours. Very boring. They just self seeded, like my wall flowers. I have about 4. Don't know where they are from.

Planted the shallot Longor this morning. Pressed them right down as I don't want birds to remove my beloved veg. Suddenly, I have come to love onion - sweet and full of flavour .. These shallots are so different from the bitter little shallots that I used to have. Thanks to Lidl!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely rhodos. I bought them for 99p as I didn't think I had the space for them. But the azalea have flowered profusely and a look at Sean's one convinces me I should buy them if the prices are right. I have one rhodo - a deep red with 5 flowers. Geee! I never knew you were so good. The gooseberries are huge. I had a look this morning and I didn't have half of yours and they were tidy! Well done, Logan!

I used to like Welsh meconopsis and would collect seeds whenever I saw them. But now, when I saw babies, I would rush to get rid of them as they have deeeeeep roots and they took over. Another plant which becomes a weed when you HAVE it in your garden!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alliums :love::love: can't wait for mine, they are starting to reach for the sky.

Heavy due this morning, cloudy with abit of sunshine, started raining again around 5pm forecast to rain all night. Had a plant delivery today :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alliums :love::love: can't wait for mine, they are starting to reach for the sky.

Heavy due this morning, cloudy with abit of sunshine, started raining again around 5pm forecast to rain all night. Had a plant delivery today :)

What did you have delivered, @Perki ? I will have no more purchases and the car won't be insured until 21 May, so money is safely tucked in my pocket. I reckon I will have NO rain by the time the rain band reaches us. I so want to have a bit of rain, saving me lugging watering cans again and again. I have made nearly 20 trips today with the Epsom salt. Divided a lobelia called Compton Pink

upload_2018-5-9_18-19-12.jpeg

I have now 12 pots of these. Bought a Fan Salmon for £1 in poundshop. Now I have at least 6 of these.

upload_2018-5-9_18-20-8.jpeg

Poundshop is a nice place for bargains!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a thalictrum Elin - Saliva uliginosa - 2x lysimachia beaujolais and the plant I've searched the country for on the internet 2x Sedum touchdown teak. I had a lot of trouble this year sourcing various plants, main reason down to the weather. I hadn't really looked at any because march was so cold, so by the time I started looking most had already sold out of a plant already hard to get.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of lobelia - tanna and tanna sister. slugs like them though :rolleyes:. I have lobelia tupa as well which is supposed to be a giant one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question