Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried to sow salvia uliginosa. Obviously, it was a failure. So was my attempt to grow lysimachia Beaujolais.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Gee! I never knew you were so good. The gooseberries are huge. I had a look this morning and I didn't have half of yours and they were tidy! Well done, Logan!
Thanks they're small at the moment, it all depends on if we get a lot of rain.

Your lobelia looks great.

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wonderful plants everyone.

Logan is Rhodie no. 2 Nancy Evans? Yellow but opens from red/peach buds? :) on my never ending to-buy-list

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg
IMG_1607.jpg
IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1514.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - First thing I did was to lift up the lace curtain to inspect the ground and YES! It's wet. Went out to the lean-to and heard rain on the glass roof! Music to my ears. It was actually raining. So pleased for the plants as it has been getting dry and I felt sorry for those plants. From 28c to 17c - a 10 degree drop! One day you sweat and the next your shiver. Thank heavens, they have now a bit of drink.

Prolific blooms, @Mark56 ! The syringe is especially stunning - what a good show!

@Perki please share photos when your salvia is in bloom. Always love a salvia.

Read this story and hope this doesn't happen to mine

Family's entire GARDEN stolen while they slept after brazen thieves knocked down fence

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...knocked-down-fence/ar-AAx21yS?ocid=spartandhp

Shocking what people are up to in the middle of the night!

Last edited:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well. :banghead: :banghead:

I have tried to figure it out, and I give up. :sorry: :sorry: :( :cry:

@Upsy Daisy, it is your turn to tutor me!! (y) How do I upload pictures from my tablet? It appears in the reply box as a picture, but when I preview the post, it is not a picture!!

0426181214.jpg

Oops!! :oops: :shame: See post below!! I guess it was working, I just didn't trust it.:cautious:

Last edited:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
OH!!!!! It appears in the "preview post" as "View attachment #" and I thought it was not going to show the picture!! Never mind, I got it!!

:ROFLMAO: :joyful::joyful:

Edited to add, my tulips are done now, I only picked that picture to try to show what happened when I tried to upload a picture!! ;)

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love that photo, @MaryMary ! Mine are still trying to come through. Just been watering my plants. Some newly bought plants have been planted in some most unfortunate places.

@Zenj Some flowers - What is the name of that ragged robin like flowers please? I really like ragged robin but I kept forgetting to sow the seeds. Gorgeous weather in the NE!" Hey, it makes such a lot of difference. I don't like the heat. I put on my joggers and then I was sweating outside under the intense sunshine. In I came, I removed them and now I am freezing!

Planted out some beans, some courgettes, some galia melons are germinating. Very happy to actually see the seed germinating. Did a bit of cuttings - some hydrangeas, some acer (I bet they will come to nothing, but I've got nothing to lose!)

@Zenj Those bluebells or pinkbells are so pretty. I really like the pink ones. So pretty! I could bear ripping them up. I did rip up some bluebells (Spanish), but they came up in 2 places this year. I don't think I will trouble them. As usual, big slugs and snails everywhere. I've become a wicked murderer, killing them with glee!

@Logan Nice photos - I am sure you have had some nice walks today!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank heavens it's going to cool down. Now I have to hunt for an internet provider! Always some troubles... Oh, I'm such a moan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question