SAM_0296.JPG
SAM_0295.JPG
SAM_0306.JPG
SAM_0307.JPG
SAM_0308.JPG
SAM_0309.JPG
SAM_0310.JPG

Could be Cee Jay

A new acquisition Please forward a name!

Attachments

• SAM_0301.JPG
    SAM_0301.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 141
  • SAM_0311.JPG
    SAM_0311.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 160

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all and to a lovely warm and sunny May 11th! Been watering for more than an hour. So much to water and this was after rain from the day before yesterday. One butt is emptied. A lot of seeds have germinated and I need to plant out my Romaine lettuce. Have a nice day, everyone and hope you all have a sunny day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC These chairs are crying for an owner where I live
Good Morning all....No check-in yesterday as I was on the road up in Scotland...(Fife) St. Andrews direction...LOvely part of the world....on a good day lol.....well back home to a very blustery NI this morning...My risque Pub Sign arrived for my bar but will put it up when the wind dies down..looking like rain today also...
The stools are a bit to modern looking for this project...@alp :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, the chrome does look a bit too blinding! Have to admit your chairs are more arty and classic. Crikey went to Scotland and back already! You're in demand, @BigC ! Scotland must be very beautiful on a sunny day! Would love to go there. Going up to Yorkshire was good motoring - straight roads and tons of petrol stations and the prices were not that inhibitive!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well finished work early...to travel another 100 mile round trip to pick up a little something I've been chasing since last year.
I don't know if any of you will remember or not that I inadvertently dumped my grass box from my little push along grass mower Qualcast Panther 30...well I have seen one online on Gumtree and the seller has agreed to save it for me until this evening so thats where I'm off to after tea...Glad to get this back ..so I'll have 2 little mowers and one grass box hahahaha but thats good...One for spares as they dont make it anymore...Simple and lightweight little push along that does a great job so long as you keep on top of the job....

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Qualcast which keeps leaving a trail of cut grass. I usually drag it the other direction backward to pick up the mess. Don't ask me why - it does work. I sold the Flymo given by me by the elderly neighbour. I sold it for £15. A bit of spare money for plants. Got a lone one stem white gaura for £1 from poundshop. The pink/white one on the front lawn has become skeleton after the severe snow. I stil have a dark pink one which I am not so keen of. I love my pink/white one! :cry::cry::cry:

Watched Beechgrove Garden - I agree with the lady presenter that double daffs are just too top heavy and they don't really work. I have also found double and/or frilly tulips a bit gruesome. So pleased to see some lovely erythroniums and some lovely Triliums. Beautiful flowers for up north. Wonder if I can grow them here! I watered my meconopsis and hope they flower for me this year. Can't wait.

'Broccoli is a life saver': TV doctor reveals why the vegetable is the ONLY one you need to eat to boost your health

Way to cook it

Chopping broccoli into 2mm pieces and letting them 'sit' for 90 minutes before gently stir-frying increases their sulforaphane levels by 2.8 times, research suggests.

Previous studies show the compound sulforaphane helps to maintain people's blood sugar levels and may even have anti-cancer properties.

Although unclear exactly why this occurs, researchers from Zhejiang University in China believe waiting before cooking chopped broccoli may allow sulforaphane to 'develop'.

They add 30 minutes of sitting time may be sufficient.

It is important to chop broccoli as sulforaphane can only be absorbed if the vegetable is 'damage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ls-green-vegetable-one-eat.html#ixzz5FDWcJ100

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Broccoli :sick: should be banned along with the rest of its family.

I haven't watched beechgroove yet but for the first episode, nearly all ( if not all ) double daffodils are leaning over with the weight of the flowers, some are really nice though. Still need to catch up with gardeners world missed tonight's and last weeks.

Reactions: alp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question