alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Purely Medicinal off-course

Is this a deliberate aberration? How's your day, BigC! I reckon it might be raining your way. We have much fresher and cooler air now. A drop of about 5 degrees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well this evening I planted some Country Garden Flower Seeds...lets see how we go with these...I planted them in those bio degradable pots and will thin them out when they germinate..I thought it was best to do it this way rather than straight into the ground as I dont have much luck doing it that way..Way too warm in the Hot House all my Lettuce and Kale are frazzled :mad::(

country mix.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I had to open all the windows in the lean to and fling some cardboard pieces on the roof and open a garden brolley inside the lean to to lower the temperature. The heat was shocking. I keep watering the seed trays and I bet I will see algae growing soon!:eek:

I have sown pointy pepper seeds, cabbage greyhound, Tesco finest tomato seeds extracted by myself. No flower this year, more vegs..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Over did it yesterday so having a flare today but lesson understood :) sat in the sun but nothing garden related. Talking of Cannabis, I've heard it's medically wonderful for Fibro, would your mum like to be the guinea pig @Perki? :ROFLMAO::p

Maybe I should get baking some brownies with an added flavour! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a deliberate aberration? How's your day, BigC! I reckon it might be raining your way. We have much fresher and cooler air now. A drop of about 5 degrees.
It was raining early in the day but it's a lovely hot evening now

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Over did it yesterday so having a flare today but lesson understood :) sat in the sun but nothing garden related. Talking of Cannabis, I've heard it's medically wonderful for Fibro, would your mum like to be the guinea pig @Perki? :ROFLMAO::p

Maybe I should get baking some brownies with an added flavour! :ROFLMAO:

LOL! If the pain is too much, ask your doctor! I'm not encouraging able-bodied people to do this so. There is no need to use something like this to add a kick to life. Not to mine any way. Flowers alone give me all sorts of kick and there's no need for me to chase the dragon or devil! Each to his/her own!

@Mark56 Take it easy and nurse yourself to health first. Hope Johnny is OK, too!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a very sunny day. The heat seems to have picked up already. The bonfire from last night is still smouldering.

Will take some cutting from my viburnum p mariesii. So pretty, so worth a try.

@BigC These chairs are crying for an owner where I live

img_9633676.jpg

Free to those who collect ..

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's sunny here as well, a bit cooler walking Barley this morning. Now that it's cooled down a bit, might sow my runner beans.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, @johnny canoe ! Nice to see your name! How are you keeping? Done the flower bed yet?

Lovely aquilegias. @Logan ! I have the same two self seeding themselves in the most awkward of all places! Edge of a raised bed. :eek::banghead:!

It's like a tall incotina growing right next to the path! :banghead: But hey, I won't do anything to them until they have finished. I reckon by that time, they might have self-seeded more babies along the edge of the raised bed AGAIN! :banghead::LOL:

Some allium could be Mont Blanc?
SAM_0256.JPG
SAM_0257.JPG
SAM_0258.JPG
SAM_0259.JPG
SAM_0260.JPG

An anaemic giant allium! I don't think I have been a good mother to it!
SAM_0261.JPG

Don't you just love Purple Sensation! The vibrancy is sensational!
SAM_0264.JPG
SAM_0265.JPG

I love this little dainty as they come up every year in the hottest spot in my garden. I never mulch it. Just love a reliable presence!

Ooops! Mont Blanc is supposed to be tall and majestic! These ones are like 2 heaps on the ground! :eek:

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Did an hour of adding Epsom salt to the watering. All the pots were bone dry. Need to do more tomorrow morning. in with the Indian Chief's happy hours

SAM_0268 - Copy.JPG
SAM_0270 - Copy.JPG
SAM_0272 - Copy.JPG

About 4 peonies are smiling

SAM_0274 - Copy.JPG
SAM_0276 - Copy.JPG
SAM_0278 - Copy.JPG

Apparently, I need a photography lesson! My shadow on the image! Ooops!

Gold Crest digitalis
SAM_0282 - Copy.JPG

Really like this apricot colour! Got it for £1.99

Attachments

• SAM_0273 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0273 - Copy.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question