2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No I''m here @alp..........

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to a brand new week!

Lovely morning here too:)

Think I have caught your internet bug alp....having awful problems this morning..... don't know why.

Marvellous Monday to one and all:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I'm finished with lawn mowing. No more scarifying and the machine has been cleaned. But knowing the moisture in west country, encouraged by the warm sea airs, I can understand why @Verdun is so busy.

Oh, dear, @Upsy Daisy:cry: ! Count yourself lucky that you have three IT professionals coming to your aid:D. Not that I wish the bug on you:eek:. Off to plant out another huge clump of near dead bargain - chrysanthemum..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
No I''m here @alp..........

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to a brand new week!

Lovely morning here too:)

Think I have caught your internet bug alp....having awful problems this morning..... don't know why.

Marvellous Monday to one and all:D
Sort of well, thanks.just ach a bit in the lower abdomen. Better if i drink a lot, but get fed up of drinking.
Trying to make a appointment at the doctor's. For a week next Wednesday, but I've got to make it closer to the day. They can't seem to cope otherwise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear , sorry to hear that @Logan ...is it your ongoing problems?

If it is then I can fully emphasize with you , I have just got over a prolonged bout myself...and I definitely know what you mean regarding the liquid intake!! And the constant pelvic / backache too!! After my op almost 2yrs ago I had hoped any improvement would have lasted longer than it did:( I was also on 2 lots of ' permanent ' meds .....but I stopped them...so only have myself to blame (y)

Hope things ease a little for you soon.x

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp ...I wish, but they are all busy up in London ( one is even in Italy!!)
I don think our grass is slowing down yet , today has been so warm, we even had our lunch outside....it was 30 in the sunshine:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear , sorry to hear that @Logan ...is it your ongoing problems?

If it is then I can fully emphasize with you , I have just got over a prolonged bout myself...and I definitely know what you mean regarding the liquid intake!! And the constant pelvic / backache too!! After my op almost 2yrs ago I had hoped any improvement would have lasted longer than it did:( I was also on 2 lots of ' permanent ' meds .....but I stopped them...so only have myself to blame (y)

Hope things ease a little for you soon.x
Thanks,Yes it is. Sorry to hear about you.:(We have to put up with a lot, don't we.(n)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Desperately trying to hold on to colour.......took these few pics 10 mins ago......so wish I had the colours that @Verdun has.....one day maybe.
IMG_20171030_163353.jpg
IMG_20171030_163343.jpg
IMG_20171030_163246.jpg
IMG_20171030_162803.jpg
IMG_20171030_162744.jpg
IMG_20171030_143546.jpg
IMG_20171030_142022.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow: stunning zinnias and I hope @Logan is now a convert.. How stunning is that red!?

I used to have tons of salvias like that, but none of that beautiful colours. Then I realised I want the other salvias.. I took some cuttings yesterday and hopefully I will have more salvias next year. Two lots of amistad have flowers from cuttings. Wish my son were as responsive as them. .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks,Yes it is. Sorry to hear about you.:(We have to put up with a lot, don't we.(n)

I feel like such a wimp. You two have had such a lot of pains and ailments and I have only got my legs and I moan like hell.. Hope your conditions ease up a bit.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Such a stunning house. Never expect that to be next to M3! Oh la la!

Today is the first day we have the heating on.. Nice!

I planted a huge chrysanthemum probably 9L reduced to £1.69 from £19! I was very struggling with the whole BUNDLE! :eek: Dug the hole 4 times and even now, it might not be big enough. I guess it will live .. This is the biggest so far. For the next two weeks, I will set the budget to £8 per week as I have to pay the plaster man. Might need to go shopping with either @MaryMary or @Verdun ! LOL! Ah, will these two kids bicker ..:eek::p:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @alp.

You are definitely not a whimp....you constantly use your legs and if they are painful then it must be very difficult and waring. Rest up whenever you can.

Where did you get you above bargain from?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
LOL! I'm a total WIMP and WHIMP! :eek::D

From Homebase. They are clearing out their bamboos, mums, hydrangeas for CCCChristmas.. I got one hydrangea for £1.99 for a 5L pot. Chauffeur didn't want to go to A13 as the parking there was just a nightmare last week. I am sure they had more choices there. Very pleased that I got a 9L or 13L pot of bamboo for under £13. I bought one for under £20 over the internet and it was 1/9 the size of 1/5 the height. One was even half dead. They had more bamboos there and they looked like dying, with very dry leaves, but I have already got them, so wasn't interested.

Ask a Question