Apples - is this fire blight?

Reaction score
Country
United States
NC near Raleigh. I bought & planted 2 new apple trees about 8 weeks ago. Both were in flower. Since then, all of the flowering spurs have died on both trees - not just the flowers, but the leaves on the spurs have all browned but remain on the tree. I've also had a couple of new growth shoots curl over & brown the same way. Both trees are otherwise putting out new growth on all branches. It seems like it's new growth that was already on the trees when I planted them that is affected. I do think I was overwatering at first. Any chance this could be stress from planting or overwatering? Is it fire blight? I went back & checked remaining trees from the same supplier, they all look like this. I was considering adding a couple more, but if they're diseased then I'd rather replace them, using a different supplier, rather than throw good money after bad. Will attack a photo if I can.

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_3348.jpeg

Ask a Question