Potted Fig Tree Yellowing Leaves

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a fig tree I purchased at a local New Jersey gardening center that I transplanted to a larger pot and is in full sun in my backyard. Some of the leaves on the plant are starting to turn yellow. I have read that if the leaves curl upward it is heat stress or lack of water. The sun in our backyard is very strong so I have been watering it frequently. I ordered a moisture meter today to gauge the watering.

IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg

Any advise would be greatly appreciated .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If it was growing in full sun in the nursery it should be able to handle it at your home.
What kind of “soil” did you use?
How often are you watering it?
Does water come out the bottom when you water?

Reaction score
Country
United States
If it was growing in full sun in the nursery it should be able to handle it at your home.
What kind of “soil” did you use?
How often are you watering it?
Does water come out the bottom when you water?
I used Miracle-Gro Fruit, Flower and Vegetable Organic Raised Bed Soil. I was watering it a couple times a week, I purchased a Soil Moisture Meter and this morning the readings mid way down were moist and fully inserted reads wet. I watered it yesterday but didn't have the meter beforehand. I plan not to water it till it reads somewhat dry as I read fig trees come for a hot dry climate. I added drainage material to the bottom of the pot before repotting I can only assume it is draining from the bottom the pot sits on gravel the other choice is to move it to the patio for a while to make sure.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sounds like you're doing the right things. Give it some time and it will grow out from the yellowing leaves. At least they're not falling off, which would be a bad thing.

Ask a Question