2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What a trauma! Took me 10 minutes and 3 browsers to get a post reply BOX!

Good morning. It has been nearly half a year since we have been here! I remember this because of the clock change. To all our foreign contingents, we have clock changes so that people can benefit from more light in the winter.. Some say it doesn't make sense as they get tired in the evening, and clock change in the winter makes it so dark at around 3pm onwards that they are actually more accident prone..

So it's not a nice thing that we want, and don't feel ignored when we talk about this confusing, and to some, useless exercise.

My son went round the house at 2am to change the clocks.. Goaewd help me! Don't get me wrong. He's a lovely boy .. been plastering the ceiling, on top of having laid the floor tiles... Need to rewire his brain when he gets up...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, @alp and all Chatterboxes. You still have a slow connection. Your son is good. We change the clocks when we go to bed. That's at 11.30pm. Nice to see it light in the mornings.
Yes i remember when we came on here,it was just after my birthday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My son went round the house at 2am to change the clocks.. Goaewd help me! Don't get me wrong. He's a lovely boy .. been plastering the ceiling, on top of having laid the floor tiles... Need to rewire his brain when he gets up...
Now who does that remind me of hahahaha

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now he said it was 11.30 that he went round and changed something ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone......:(:(:cry::cry:......winter is on its way!

Thought I would share with you my new ...'thingy'. ...it's not a greenhouse and it's not a cold frame.... !! As my cold frame is not large enough now my lovely hubs built me a hybrid version down in ' my working corner' of our garden. So any name suggestions please would be welcomed.....can't t keep calling in ' thingy':D

It has roll up doors(like a blind) and a center vent...
IMG_20171028_170131.jpg
IMG_20171028_142918.jpg
IMG_20171028_170155.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This is my ' corner'.... greenhouse ,brick and slab worktable (made by lovely hubs years ago for me to sow seeds and pot up on) and my new thingy plus old cold frame..still in use!
IMG_20171028_144055.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_143022.jpg
    IMG_20171028_143022.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 165
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent Upsy.......should be much warmer than a cold frame there too :)
What's wrong with "thingy".? Rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

Mainly cloudy, some sun and still pretty warm. Getting dark now :(

More wallflowers and lupins planted and more garden tidying. Loads of daffs emerging so had to be careful in the borders. Some of the daffodils (foliage) is over 40 cm high.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I also need to have such a thingy installed. I have saved a long piece of polycarbonate roofing material. That's the trouble with us - never have enough rooms for cuttings and all that.

As Verdun points out, it will be warmer there as the wall will retain heat and give out heat at night.. Brilliant idea.

@Upsy Daisy - that's so clever, A badge of honour to your engineer!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The badge of Honour has duly been awarded to hubs :):D

All shelves have been filled now and the plants are safely installed for for their winter rest (y), including 60 geraniums. 10 half hardy fushsias, sweet peas and various other hardy seedlings ...Sweet Williams, Aubretia, French Lavenders......just in the nick of time as the temps are going to get quite low during the next few nights with ground frost predicted:eek::eek::eek:

I

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
@Upsy Daisy must be zzzz-ing now!

Good morning.. Very dark and miserable. Need to sort out the plants bought yesterday and prepare for the dreaded winter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning chatterboxes :)
Back from the beach...it is glorious :) Calm, a touch of coolness but not cold, blue sky and sea. Going to be a beautiful day (y)
Busy this morning .....hope to do something in the garden later this afternoon incl lawn mowing again.....lawn mowing continues here throughout the winter but right now twice a week mowing is still needed
Hope everyone has a good day :)

Ask a Question